pradami

Sep 1, 2006
I replaced my clutch a couple of days ago. I put new oil in it, rode, checked the oil level, the level was ok, a little low. But was grey already. I drained the oil, replaced, and rode the next day, oil was grey again after checking. Any suggestions on how this could be happening?

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
It's normal. Especially after putting new clutch plates in. New plates wear a bunch of material off quickly, which is why you are supposed to change your transmission oil regularly.

Jun 28, 2006
pradami said:
I replaced my clutch a couple of days ago. I put new oil in it, rode, checked the oil level, the level was ok, a little low. But was grey already. I drained the oil, replaced, and rode the next day, oil was grey again after checking. Any suggestions on how this could be happening?

Steel drive plates will fix that. I can put two good rides on my bikes and drain the gear box oil and it's the same color as when I poured it in. Throw those alumn drive plate in the trash can. Also after years of using those alumn drive plates you will have grey/silver paste looking stuff collected in the gear box. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom