Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Gear ratio chart - UPDATED

Hi KDX'rs,
I made a gear ratio chart (Excel spread sheet) if anyone wants to download it you can find it at:

http://www.visualize.co.nz/kdx200

And! it has no viruses, how cool is that :nod:

Feel free to download it, use it, and send it to people if you like.

If you think it sucks, or has any mistakes in the math let me know, but i think it's all good.

You can input your own front and rear sprocket sizes, your own revs, and your own tyre/tire rolling circumference and it will give you the speeds in each gear for those revs. It has a chart in Kmh and Mph.

Last edited:

bwilley125

Mar 31, 2009
If you have info for a 2003 cr250 or a 2006 yz450f I'd appreciate it if you could post them. thanks

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
bwilley125 said:
If you have info for a 2003 cr250 or a 2006 yz450f I'd appreciate it if you could post them. thanks
I really only made it because someone was asking about gearing on the KDX.
I may make a generic one in the next few days if I have time, then you could input your own gear ratios and it would show you the speed differences at certain revs and rev differences at certain speeds. Check back in a couple of days.

pdiddy

Mar 5, 2004
Well, playing with this a little more, it makes a little more sense, but wow, I am going a lot faster that I thought I was! 27mph when the KIPS opens in 3rd.

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Ok for those who wanted a generic chart to work out the ratios of any bike here it is, just go to http://www.visualize.co.nz/kdx200/ and download it. It is much improved, it still has the KDX pages (improved) and it has pages to input your own data for other bikes. It can be used for 5 and 6 gear bikes. If anyone still wants the old one you will have to email me through this forum.

I obviously have too much time. Only five more months until I can ride again! YAY!

Top Bottom