m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
hey guys, run now in my 99 CR250r i run hondas oil they make.
i asked a guy which oil i should run they sold a few different brands and he said he has always just ran hondas stuff in his 2 strokes. they dont have a big 1 gallon jug of it so i was thinking of using bel ray. what do you guys use? now people talk about changing there gear box oil every few hours. i mean i ride like 6+ hours once every week. how long is this stuff good for. i mean i change my oil all the time im anal about maintenence but, i cant be in the pits and trails changing oil. thanks for the help guys.

-mike.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
m4i2k2e2 said:
hey guys, run now in my 99 CR250r i run hondas oil they make.
i asked a guy which oil i should run they sold a few different brands and he said he has always just ran hondas stuff in his 2 strokes. they dont have a big 1 gallon jug of it so i was thinking of using bel ray. what do you guys use? now people talk about changing there gear box oil every few hours. i mean i ride like 6+ hours once every week. how long is this stuff good for. i mean i change my oil all the time im anal about maintenence but, i cant be in the pits and trails changing oil. thanks for the help guys.

-mike.

I use bel ray gear saver 80W. It works perfectly fine for me. You would probably have to use 85W due to a bigger bike though. With this oil you can keep your regular oil changing schedule.

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
You can run a number of oils any 10W40 car oil works well but ATF type F works best of all and is cheap. It's more important to change it often.

Top Bottom