Jul 15, 2007
my stock gearing is 14/50 and i was wondering will i go faster if i do like a 16/40 if it is even possible... and if not what will be the best to go fast? thanks for the help

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
skinindustries said:
my stock gearing is 14/50 and i was wondering will i go faster if i do like a 16/40 if it is even possible... and if not what will be the best to go fast? thanks for the help

That would certainly make it have a faster top end.. But the motor probably wouldn't have the nuts to pull that gear.

allthingsdirt

Jun 6, 2007
skinindustries said:

Just try adding one tooth to the front sprocket. I think you'll find that gives you a VERY noticeable gain on top end. If it won't fit with the stock case saver/chain guard, drop three or so in the back sprocket instead.

Jul 15, 2007
so i should do like a 14/48?? or a 15/50 all i know is i need more speed my friends 450 is faster then me in the long run but i beat him off the line i jsut need to keep up

Var

Nov 5, 2007
take it a step at a time. if you can fit a larger front get that first, up one tooth.

test it out.

if you need more drop 3 on the back.

allthingsdirt

Jun 6, 2007
skinindustries said:
so i should do like a 14/48?? or a 15/50 all i know is i need more speed my friends 450 is faster then me in the long run but i beat him off the line i jsut need to keep up

Just be aware that gearing your bike up that much WILL get you the top speed your looking for, but will also make the bike a lot less rideable in the tight stuff. You'll be using the clutch a lot more.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
skinindustries said:

Your friend's 450 SHOULD be faster than your 250. :whoa:

There's no replacement for displacement! :nod:

Rotor

Top Bottom