Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I have closed the Land Use Forum. All Land use issues can now be posted in the General Forum. Before you jump to any conclusions :D , this is done because the Land Use Forum wasn't getting enough traffic, we want as many people as possible to be aware of the fact that land is being ripped from beneath our feet!

This is an issue that matters to everyone, rather you realize it or not.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Originally posted by Truespode

Tsk, tsk... shame on you Wolf!! I guess you will be the first person I blame for it all! Just kidding. I understand why it is necessary :( Don't necessarily like it but I can understand it all the same.

You just made me sit in my office and read the word "Tsk" out loud several times....much to the amusement of my co-workers. :eek:

KTMrad

Mar 20, 2001
Forum

I think that's a great idea, everyone needs to see these issues everyday, all the time, and at least keep informed of what if REALLY going on !!

Thanks,

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Okie. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is a great move. It seems like there were the same 4 or 5 people in the land use forum all of the time.

Over the years, I have seen more good riding areas shut down than you can imagine. The sad part is, these areas don't get opened back up again once they are closed. They may wind up with houses on them or shopping malls, but, they never come back as riding areas.

Please, everyone become active and involved while there are still a few areas left.

Thanks again Okie.

Ol'89r

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ivan.

You are 100% correct about apathy killing our sport.

But, after watching the lands use forum for over a year now, I noticed very few people go there. By putting comments in the general forum, some people might read about the land theft by accident where they woud not normally go to the land use forum at all. I think Okie's decision to move it here is a good one since it will put the problem in front of more people.

If they decide not to do anything about it after reading it, well, there is nothing more we can do.

It is up to us folks, if you sit there and do nothing about the problems facing us, then, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

The people that ignore the problem will wake up some day and find there will be no place to ride at all.

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
Just to clear things up:

I posted a link on the General Board to a thread from asa ricks about a meeting in So Cal this weekend--pretty important stuff---to bad no one would see it in the Land Board.
(I'll bet no one has even seen it)

Out of 8,700 odd members here at DRN, the average views on a real good thread in the land board only gets 104 views---that is less than 1% :( Most of them are multiple views from them same people!

Nobody cares,,,,,,,,and then while I was trying to direct interest to a topic,,the thread was moved.

When I asked about it; I was was told: "How can I expect others to post in the correct Board when the Moderators don't"..

He is right,,,and closing the Land Board is the right choice---both it and the AMA Board do nothing but collect dust.

You can't make people care. :( I am through trying.
KWJams

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Re: Re: Just to clear things up:

Originally posted by Truespode

It may only be one person out of 1,000 but one day that person may motivate another somewhere else. It is a long, hard tedious process but it does move. .

Yeah, and it is people like KWjams and KTMrad that motivate nippleheads like me to get involved.

So you motivate one and lose another to frustration, this is not good, stick to it and share your frustration and maybe motivate one more. create a snowball, I'm just one of many flakes :D still out there

Last edited:

KTMrad

Mar 20, 2001
Don't Give Up !!

KWjams, I ;ve felt like you do before. But, we cannot give up, please don't give up. I have to agree with Truespode. If we only influence ONE person more to get involved, then we've done something. All we can do is keep on posting and staying involved ourselves.

I felt really discouraged on another message board, but then a few people came back with encouraging words, said not to give up, and they picked me up again. I then went out at lunchtime that day and got a local shop interested in joining CORVA, so that really picked me up.

As with anything in life, if you fall down, get right back up and brush yourself off and keep going. Hope this helps, hate to lose your support !!

Thanks,

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Hey, KW, don't give up! Like Ivan says, DRN is no longer the only source of info. Heck, I don't think theres a day goes by that I don't get an email from one of the many, many groups whose mailing list I jumped on. So by the time a lot of that gets to the land board, I've already seen it. It's a double-edged sword, Okie's move, and I hope you don't take it personal.

Just because we're not always talking about it here on DRN doesn't mean we're not talking about it elsewhere.

KW, you still da man.:)

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
I will try to better explain my frustration---

You know all them flames, "Kids in my school who don't ride are wearing Fox gear,,,, that really sucks"?
People are going around struttin their activism because it's in vogue to belong to this group or that group,, yet they never do squat!
The Land Board has become a waste of bandwidth.
We had this discussion before about closing it and posting on the General Board so this is really nothing new.
Right now it seems that everyone is walking around with their trousers around their ankles feeling real secure with Bush in office.
Now is not the time to relax! It's the time to take the offensive and make things happen!
I hate land issues! I can't read the stuff without my eyes crossing. I also hate mowing the lawn,--- but it all needs to be done.
I just didn't figure that the first obstacle faced would be getting a thread moved.
This used to be fun when a post made with "purpose" was not dealt with such a heavy hand. :(

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I hope you guys don’t give up. I haven’t been posting in the land forum much but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been doing my part. I get lots of emails from different places that I have responded to in the past so some of the stuff I see in here is a duplication. I got a nice letter from my local congressman a while ago and it made me feel good that what I was doing was being heard. What you guys are doing is being heard to and you better believe it. Keep it up and don’t let it get you down KW.

Hey, if anything, moving the land issues to the general forum gets KTMrad to show his face somewhere beside the land forum;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ken. I understand your frustration. I too have given up on this 3 or 4 times now, but, keep coming back for more. Must be a glutton for punishment.

We can't give up now. Things are finally starting to turn our way. Slowly but surely, our voice is being heard. The greenies are losing their credibility with their gestapo tactics and unwarranted claims. The general public is finally starting to see this.

Due to posts by you and KTMrad and a few others, I have responded to many surveys and have sent many e-mails and letters. We have also been alerted to important meetings like the one Saturday in Desert Hot Springs.

Yes, I did read that post by you about the meeting and have been trying to get some of the local guys to go up there. I read many articles that I would like to post, but, don't know how. I, and I know others, rely on guys like you to post these things. We may not respond to the post, but, we read them and react to them.

Because of posts like yours, we had a large group of DRN'ers attend the DAC meeting in Barstow last year. This was an important meeting and our DAC representative , Roy Denner was going to quit because of, you guessed it, Apathy. There was a huge turnout and Roy was very impressed and he didn't quit. We made up some ground at that meeting.

So, you see, you may not know it, but, your posts are doing a lot of good.

Please, don't give up. We need guys like you to help us fight the good fight.

Ol'89r

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
This Forum is an incredible place. :)

:)
That meeting in Barstow was amazing to be able sit back and watch as it came together.
I regret not being able to attend myself.
The things that were accomplished there will be paying dividends far into the future.
1. Some of you folks met each other for the first time and friendships were made.
2. Roy was re-inspired to continue the battle .
3. The BLM was made aware that perhaps the Off-Road crowd was not going to roll over this time.

Ivan sat back upon his lofty perch of moderating and with the skill of a True-artist-Spode ;) administered with subtle adjustments the direction the thread went.

It just happened. :)

I am not burned out from the issues as sordid as they are.
I am not burned out from the apathy, I fully understand that people have a saturation point.

The power of this Forum is incredible,, if it used in the right way.

Top Bottom