Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
I'm thinking of going to the Geneseo enduro, but I don't have any info about the race. In the Dist 17 schedule Geneseo was spelled without the final "e" so I guess I'm looking at the correct town, which is up by Moline.

I would greatly appreciate any info regarding directions to the race and/or info about the terrain, ground miles, recent rain, etc.

Thanks

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I was told it will be about a 30mile loop run twice. They ran this enduro somwhere between 93 & 97, it was a good enduro. They have lots of hills and gullys, nothing extra hard, just keeps you working all day. Should be a good event.

Weld it

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2001
Does anyone know if the route sheet is available ahead of time ?

How strict are they going to be on the headlight / tailight / license plate ?

I heard it was mostly going to be offroad but if you had a headlight on the front of the bike nut not necesarily working would be OK

Weld it

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I talked to Ron Whipple (the guy putting on the enduro) last night. He said it was two loops each around 30 miles long. The first is at 18 MPH and the second at 24. He said only about 5 miles of each loop was road. They are gravel except for about 1/4 mile of real highway. He isn't going to check the bikes but remember, you are suppose to have lights and a plate. I doubt there will be any problems but you never know.

Most of this ground hasn't been rode on for years. We use to run the Coal Valley enduro through this ground until the early 80's. After that I think Ron put on two more enduros in the early 90's. Since then there hasn't been any riding there. I'm looking forward to riding this event because some of those trails are really neat.

Parts of the trail are quite hilly but there is also a lot of river bottoms. Ron said they skipped a lot of the larger hills to avoid bottlenecks. He was out there on Sunday after all the rain an said the trails are in excellant shape. I don't doubt that because it has been very dry here.

See you there! :)

Weld it

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2001
Layton,

Thanks for the information, I plan on having a headlight on the bike but it won't be emitting light .... I have a plate and everything for it, I just didn't want to get there and have to a "working" headlight.

Thanks Weld it

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
Layton,
What is the best way to get a hold of the promoter? I emailed them yesterday but haven't heard anything from them yet. I see you're still on the 200exc. I miss mine sometimes, but the 450exc is great. Maybe I'll see ya there.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Here is the phone number off the flyer.

FOR MORE INFO: CALL RON WHIPPLE (309) 796-1266

I should be in a blue extended Dodge van that looks like a church van. Stop by and say hi.

Top Bottom