Messy Marion

Sep 17, 2003
Looking for directions to Georgetown. I live in Windsor CA and a couple of folks have told me Georgetown is pretty nice. Any information on an a good trail to take my wife on would be appreciated also.

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Marion,

To get to Georgetown, check out the instructions at the CERA website. www.cera.org. If you stage at the Mace Mill staging area, there are trails leading from the area that are suitable for you and Stephanie (sp?). They also have maps of the area at the Georgetown Ranger station located just outside Georgetown on your way up to the staging area. Have fun.

Jim

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
Thanks for the plug, BigBird! Directions are at CERA Directions Page. The easier trails at Georgetown are off Darling Ridge Rd, which is currently cut off from Mace Mill (funding was just recently approved for the bridge to reconnect them, which should be finished in Spring 04). Enjoy Georgetown, and be sure to call the Ranger Station (530-333-4312) before visiting, as it does close when they get a lot of rain.

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Hey Messy,

Why are you taking Steph and does Pete know. Wow, is Tracy OK with that. Wait a minute I remember taking Steph and Tracy out for a ride without you guys and it was all fun. Never mine!

George

ps. enjoy Georgetown home of the CERA Fools Gold Enduro

fryboy

Feb 21, 2003
Hi Messy,

Here are the directions to Georgetown

Georgetown OHV Directions

From the San Francisco Bay Area, take I-80 East to the Elm Avenue exit in Auburn.

Note your odometer reading. It is approximately 6 miles to the town of Cool.

Exit at Elm Avenue and turn left (East) on Elm.

Turn left on Highway 49, which is also called High Street.

Follow Highway 49 out of down and down the hill to the American River.

Turn right and cross the American River, then continue up to the town of Cool.

Turn left at the stop sign for Highway 193 in Cool, and travel 18 miles (from Cool) to the main street in Georgetown.

Turn left at the stop sign for main street in Georgetown. This is Wentworth Springs Road.

Go 29 miles (from Georgetown) on Wentworth Springs Road to the turnoff for the Bald Mountain Staging Area.

Go right at the turnoff and travel for .4 miles to the staging area, which is on the right.

OR

Take I-80 east to Auburn. Take the 49 exit south through the town of Cool. Keep going until you see the sign to georgetown. Go Left. In Georgetown at the mid point take a left and go down Main Street which becomes Wentworth Spring Rd. keep following that past the ranger station (It is a friendly station and has lots of info so I would stop to see what is up with the trails). make sure to pass the first Balderston Rd. Next road turn right (same name--Balderston Rd.). Then left on Mace Mill Rd. to stage area. It will be very muddy and most like snowy for a while yet. Hope that is what you needed.

CERA ROCKS!!!
Fryboy

steph

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2002
Geez, turn your back for a second, Marion has signed up on DRN, Jim is trying to hook him up with my wife, George is hookin' up with both our wives.....I think someone owes me a beer....now that's logic...

Pete

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Pete,

Sorry I missed you and Messy at the Cowbell. You guys and gals should do the Bearfoot Family Enduro Nov. 23 at Stonyford if possible. It is a very fun race for all to enjoy.

George

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hi, Marion and Pete!
Like George says, please come to the Bearfoot Family Enduro (Nov. 23) with Tracy and Steph and ride. ;) Buddy and I are going to be there from Friday through Sunday on that weekend.
Mini

Top Bottom