Georgia MX 4/21 - new mx track near Toccoa

KawBoy

Aug 11, 1999
Wrench, think you can talk your boss into letting you off for a race next Saturday?

You've probably heard of the new track in Toccoa - Big Gun MX ( http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/facility/facility.phtml?facilityid=biggun ). The first race at the track is next Saturday. All natural, no man made anything -- just turns, uphills and downhills, with a couple terrace jumps here and there. I'll be heading up, and I think a few others from drn might be there also.

Let me know if you think you might be able to go.

------------------
Mike / 1988 KX500 / www.georgiaoffroad.com

[This message has been edited by KawBoy (edited 04-15-2001).]

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Yeah, I heard about it. It's OK with my boss, but the other tech may need to have the day off. I won't know until Thursday.

wrench

------------------

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
Wrench is just skeered cuz I told him I'd beat him with our friends 1974 Suzuki 125...

I'm still debating on going (hoping Wrench can make it so I can yell at him going into corners). Their sign-up time starts awfully early.

------------------

KawBoy

Aug 11, 1999
Spoker, I was thinking the same thing... I have school late Friday so camping out isn't an option. Probably will have everything packed up and will drive to Athens and crash at my folks place, then get up early and head to the track.

------------------

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
I'll see if I can catch up with Wrench today to get a better idea on his attendance. I have some parts that I'm ordering thru him.

I'm trying to talk another rider into going and if so, I'll be doing about the same thing, staying in Athens then heading to the track.

------------------

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
It really depends. I told my buddy with the 74 Suzuki that I would run it in the Vintage class but he hasn't agreed to let me take it. If we don't bring it, I'll still probably run two. Wrench wants to run the +25 (I told him I'd choke the WR with the baffle and airbox lid to make it fair). I thought I read there's a 250C class too. So I'll run the lowest 250 class if I have the energy.

------------------

trl junkie

Feb 25, 2001
The question is, Spoker Ace, can you handle the TM125???? :D I know that you arnt used to such a powerhouse with such great suspension!! (all 4" of it!) Yeah you can race it, just watch out for the throttle sticking wide open!!!heeheee

------------------
01KTM520EXC
91Yam WR250 4sale
86XR350
74TM125

KawBoy

Aug 11, 1999
The weather is going to be nice. Highs in the low 80's, no rain.

I'll be running two classes, 250c and either Unlimited Am or +30.

Wrench, you're quiet... gettin' skeered? :p

------------------

biker

Sep 22, 2000
What time is practice and sign-up going to be. I'm going to try to make it if I don't have to work on Saturday morning. They also have races Saturday night at Calhoun and Tunnel Hill. If I work I'll be going to one of these. That sounds fun, grass and natural terrain.

------------------

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
The 250 classes get the first practice 8-8:30 am.
If I can make it I plan to ride the 250D, +25 and maybe the unlimited amature. If I can't run all of those ... then I will run the 250 C.

I am going to really push for the day off.

wrench

------------------

biker

Sep 22, 2000
Your not kidding it's going to be an early morning. I'm guessing it's about 2 hours from woodstock. I won't know until Friday afternoon, if I can make it or not.

------------------

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
It is official ... I will be unable to attend. :(

Fair trade off for the weekend off to goto the SSF! :)

wrench

------------------

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I'm going to have to miss it. I'm busy at work and want to make sure I can get to Monster Mountain next weekend, possibly Friday afternoon. I'll be going to Calhoun Saturday night, if anyone wants to meet there.

------------------

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
I'm gonna have to bail myself. I'm heading to Wrench's work to pick up my new SpodeFest gear...I may not be fast but at least I'll look like I am....

------------------

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Good Luck Kawboy!

Win one for the "Gipper"! :)

wrench

------------------

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
Ill be there Kawboy look for me in a blue ford f150 Yz426 #2. My name is George. see ya

------------------
"Every man dies- not every man really lives" William Wallce

KawBoy

Aug 11, 1999
What was I thinking running two classes? I'm so freaking tired...

Made it back home ok, no injuries to me or the bike. George's crew showed up and ran the +30 class - they were haulin! Ride report to follow (and photos hopefully :)).

------------------

Top Bottom