KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
I'm trying to get my local MC shop try and get a KTM dealership and am wondering if anybody knows what they will have to do to get it?
They just built a big new building, have a great location, have been a Honda/Kawasaki dealer for 25 years and there isn't a KTM dealership for 70 miles.

Kevin

Motowrench

Jan 8, 2001
HEY KevinB4stk,,, YEAH,,that would be good if your local dealer became a KTM dealer,,,,Especially since I'm only about 25 miles south of you, Lawrenceville, and have been a KTM freak since '77!! That would definately be closer than the 65-70 mile trip to the nearest 2 KTM dealers we have in this area!! Although, I'm not complaining about our favorite Dealer from Evansville, that would be almost in my backyard and would sure save on the gas bill!!
I'm sure they could contact KTM USA in Ohio, and receive any information they need .

BruceKLX

May 20, 2000
A friend of mine is also looking into it. Apparently $100,000 in inventory and a few other requirements. Problem is he has called KTM 3 times and has gotten no call backs about it.

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I think the biggest problem is that KTM has a hard enough time supplying their present dealers with bikes and parts let alone worry about setting up more dealers.

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
Well, they didn't have any trouble getting them on the phone and they sent them a dealer packet to fill out and send back. I'm not sure when or if they filled it out yet, I can only hope something comes of it.

Kevin

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
Well they have filled out the dealership package and everything as far as requierments goes, is looking good, I think if the KTM poeple say it's a go then It's looking very good.
My brother and I have been trying to generate interest and will both be geting 4 strokes, Don a 400 MXC and me a 520 MXC if it goes through.
I realy hope it does and so do alot of others that we ride with.

Kevin

Top Bottom