Woody88

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2007
hi i am checking out a 2002 cr250 and i was wondering if anybody has had any major issues with them? my friend has an 05 and it is a great bike.

Woody88

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2007
oh like what i rode it today and it didn't have as much get up and go as my 95 yz250. i think im going for a crf450 my dad has one and it flys.

briank1986

Jun 4, 2007
I have an 01 CR250R. I haven't had any problems out of it at all. Besides normal wear and tear.

My CR gives the YZ's a run for there money, that's for sure!

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
From what I've gathered after much reading about these bikes on this forum.

2 main issues seem to pop up.

1. The airbox can leak. The ring that holds the boot to the airbox is made of plastic and is basically a POS. If you buy this bike, check and see if he put a metal ring on there or if he siliconed the airbox to boot area.

2. Most people don't like the stock Mikuni TMX carb. They have a lot of issues attempting to dial in the jetting. A lot of people pick up a Keihin PWK off of a 99-01 CR250. Personally I have a TMX on mine and it runs fine. JD jetting sells a kit to dial in the TMX's very well.

This year motor is generally considered stock tuned more for mid range to top end performance. I ride my '02 in the woods all the time and it pulls hard through the whole RPM range. Mine has a lot of bolt on mods that might have helped that though.

Overall I'm very happy with it and you won't be disappointed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom