Woody88

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2007
hi i am checking out a 2002 cr250 and i was wondering if anybody has had any major issues with them? my friend has an 05 and it is a great bike.

Woody88

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2007
oh like what i rode it today and it didn't have as much get up and go as my 95 yz250. i think im going for a crf450 my dad has one and it flys.

briank1986

Jun 4, 2007
I have an 01 CR250R. I haven't had any problems out of it at all. Besides normal wear and tear.

My CR gives the YZ's a run for there money, that's for sure!

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
From what I've gathered after much reading about these bikes on this forum.

2 main issues seem to pop up.

1. The airbox can leak. The ring that holds the boot to the airbox is made of plastic and is basically a POS. If you buy this bike, check and see if he put a metal ring on there or if he siliconed the airbox to boot area.

2. Most people don't like the stock Mikuni TMX carb. They have a lot of issues attempting to dial in the jetting. A lot of people pick up a Keihin PWK off of a 99-01 CR250. Personally I have a TMX on mine and it runs fine. JD jetting sells a kit to dial in the TMX's very well.

This year motor is generally considered stock tuned more for mid range to top end performance. I ride my '02 in the woods all the time and it pulls hard through the whole RPM range. Mine has a lot of bolt on mods that might have helped that though.

Overall I'm very happy with it and you won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom