indy650

Oct 25, 2003
Hey, the tranny in my car went on friday night so i have no way of getting anywhere exept my bike, until my car is fixed.

I have to get to coop, which is at the local polaris dealer, and school. no biggie because the trails go right next to both.

I just have a question on jetting, my bike ran pretty rich in the summer, stock jetting acually.

The only mods i have are fmf fatty pipe, boyesen power reeds, and a uni air filter.

So i need to get an idea of what these mods do to my jetting, IE am i going to have to jet up a lot, a little, or any?

It will be around -5C in the mornings at 300' (yes, hundred) elevation.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

indy650

Oct 25, 2003
guess i should have said what bike it was too, 1999 RM 125. i dropped the clip to its lowest setting (bottom, groove) when i had rebuilt the motor (new rod, etc), already and i wont be opening it up much past 1/2 throttle i dont think as i wont be fully awake.

I made some premix up with some of my sled oil (and 94 gas) today as i figured snowmobile oil would be better as my garage isnt heated so the fuel is going to be cold.

How much do you recommend i turn the screw out? (its out for rich right?)

Thanks,
Andy

BTW, i will check plug once i get to coop, easy enough to rejet there.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
in for rich out for lean on two strokes, in for lean out for rich on 4strokes

indy650

Oct 25, 2003
this is amazing!

just got back home and decided to check the plug...
the VERY tip of the iridium part is light grey, the color on the ground strap changes right before the bend, and overall id say its a tad bit rich from being perfect.

was a fun ride on about 3-5cm of snow though, bikes running better then it ever has.

anyways, thx for the tips

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Most important thing you gotta do if your going to ride in the cold is let the bike warm up good before you go revving on it and asking for power. A good guidline is to just warm it up gently until the radiators start getting nice and warm. A cold seizure is real easy when your dealing with -5 C.

indy650

Oct 25, 2003
I warmed it up pretty good, a good 5-10 minutes before i ever so gently eased my way along the first part of the trail. only problem i have is the engine cools off way to fast, i mean if your not on the trottle for more then 10 seconds its cooled too much im thinking about putting some duct tape over part of the rads

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Hmm.... yea, duct-taping might not be a bad idea... you might even go down to just one radiator for the winter, just run your hoses different. Perhaps a thermostat could be worked in, that would be ideal...

Top Bottom