Getting dirtbike ready for spring/summer

Alex28

Oct 17, 2008
I'm going to pick up my first dirtbike this Saturday, it's a 2004 Honda CRF230F. The bike has been sitting all winter in a garage, and I'm wondering what things I should do to get it ready to ride.

Thanks
-Alex

brentoncole

Feb 17, 2010
clean the carb really good, put fresh gas in, new oil is recomended but optional, check tires for holes/leaks/treadlife and fill them up rear 16psi front 18psi, then get it all greased/lubed up and that should last awhile
P.S. do a look over and make sure nothing is broken and everything is nice and tight and once your riding do a brake test and if they are mushy bleed the brakes, after you have ridden check the spark plug and decide if you need a new plug or need to tune the carb. That should do it

Tdoorn199

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 7, 2010
I was once in your boat, when i went to pick up my crf230f, it was in a woods. I got it really cheap but i put alot of time in it tomake it run perfect.
CLEAN THE CARB, make sure the battery is fully charged and tires are not damaged, check the oil or replace if needed, check and make sure the engine, when you do start it, doesn't make any tinging or ticking sounds, then you may have to adjust the valve timing.

Tdoorn199

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 7, 2010
Alex28 said:
When you say grease/lube do you mean just the chain?
Well there are lots of things you can greese/lube, if you want to go really in depth you can lube berings and seals, but unless you sence anything is wrong or wearing, the chain lube will do just fine.

Top Bottom