Oct 11, 2007
Im getting a KDX200 or 220r but i need a question to be answered about it. If you go through tight trails with this bike like I do up by me will this bike be fouling plugs a lot like a mx 2 stroke. Ive been riding a cr125 and it fouls like crazy in these tight trails. PLease answer asap if this bike fouls plugs going through tight trials kinda slow. Or if this bike is totally different so it wont foul plugs :ride: .. thanks so much. :ride:

Oct 11, 2007
thanks cause im selling a bike now to get a kdx220r and i just want it to be a bike that when i get into a tight mess that it doesnt bogg down or foul a plug. thanks. Also how is the low end on this bike?

Oct 11, 2007
awsome i cant wait untill I get it. Do you ride on tight trails with like rocks and logs/hills. cause thats what im going to be doing. thanks again :)

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
The KDX has lots of low end. In 1st gear it will climb anything and you do not have to wring it out. It is nothing like a 125 which has no low end. You can lug a KDX like a thumper if you jet properly. A slighty larger sprocket is a nice mod.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Jet it half way correctly and you will never foul a plug. Several ways to get more low end if you want it. Read the forums here. Lots of slow speed, tight trail use of the KDX. Enjoy John

jbroom

Jan 5, 2006
i rode my stock 220 for the first time this weekend. it was lots of tight stuff with hills, rocks and roots. i was lugging it up hills in 1st and 2nd and never had a problem with it loading up or fouling plugs.... and when i say lugging, i mean lugging! i would lug it from a stop half way up a hill in 2nd hear with no problem.

that things a friggin' tractor. i love it!

XMotoX

Oct 23, 2006
Here is a tip if you want a KDX for its low end power. Don't get a Pro Circuit pipe or buy a used KDX with one already on it. Go for the FMF Gnarly if you upgrade from stock exhaust. The Pro Circuit pipes take away from your low end and give you more mid and top power.

Top Bottom