sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I just picked up another bike, 99 rm250. The guy who had it didn't ride for a while although he did put gas stabilizer in it. Is it safe to really start the thing with that in the premix. I want to just get rid of the old gas and put in my usual pre-mix and jet from there since i have my own opinions about what oils i like and such. Can i take the old gas somewhere to dispose of it? Please help me out here :bang:

Oct 10, 2004
drop it off at a garage they have a proper disposal tank might have to pay 2 bucks or something

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
Damn, I could think of a million ways, and the #1 is a lawnmore, cause I love the smell of race fuel while cutting the grass. If you burn your trash, it will assist that. Be creative.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
well the lawnmower is out of commission and i have no intentions of bringing it back. I dont live out in the sticks or anything close to that so no possibility of a fire starter. I guess i will check with the gas station and see if they can get rid of it.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
why would i do that, that cant possibly be good... is it still alright to run the gas with the stabilizer in it????????

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
You can run the gas with the stabilizer in it...that's what it is there for! As long as it isn't more than 6-9 months old and smells OK I say mix some new stuff in and run it!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I've burned old premix in the truck many times...

Or, just put it in a crap gas can and "forget it" at the gas station :p

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
haha, okie that actually crossed my mind about "forgetting it" at the station. Theres no way i am going to throw this mix in my silverado ss, thats out of the question, maybe to clean some parts on the bike possibly and kill weeds but we'll see

B

biglou

I've poured a gallon or so of premix into my super-twitchy, hyper-powered, fuel-injected, small-block 4.2 V6 Ford F150 Torque monster many times. I just make sure to add it with at least half a tank already in there. No problems whatsoever. I've also run my push mower on premix for many weeks on end. She bogged a little coming out of the corners, but other than that, no problems... ;)

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
If it's ok for a racing engine in your bike, why isn't it good enough for a car/truck? I've gotten rid of a gallon or two old mix in my vehicles for over twenty years. Never had any problems. It's diluted with the stuff in the tank, so its like running 320:1. Not much oil!

steveva

Oct 26, 2004
I was coming back from a race, and ran my jeep out of gas in the middle of nowhere.. I put my 32:1, 110 octane race gas in it and it ran great, didn't smoke, and smelled great too. diluted with a whole tank of gas I doubt that it would hurt anything..

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I just dont like the idea of putting it in my truck, maybe i'll throw it in my moms gas tank then if stuff goes wrong she can come hunt everyone down who gave the idea :yeehaw: :eek:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
steveva said:
I was coming back from a race, and ran my jeep out of gas in the middle of nowhere.. I put my 32:1, 110 octane race gas in it and it ran great, didn't smoke, and smelled great too. diluted with a whole tank of gas I doubt that it would hurt anything..

Ditto Steveva, the Ranger ran great on 40:1! :aj:

Oct 28, 2004
just find some dirt and start burning durt and just keel it burning, i like making lines of gas and lighting it, go write your name out in gas and set it on fire. or you san ship the gas to me anf i will get rid of it for you

RD00

Feb 28, 2004
I dump mine in what ever vehicle is the closest, been doing it for years. Who knows what is in the gas you buy at the gas station. A buddy of mine used to worked at a service station years ago and the owner was so tight they had no part washer, he would get gas from the pump to clean parts then the owner made him dump the gas back into the underground tank to sell. I'm glad to say he's been out of business for quit a few years now.

Top Bottom