scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Is anyone heading out the the Ghost Rider Enduro at Red Mountain. I'll be there camping with my family late Sat to help work the race on Sunday.

I'm pretty sure Eel is going

How about Others?

If you come out I'll have my blue van and tent trailer and My new KTM 300 with # 28 on it. :thumb:

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
I am trying to leave L.A. by 3pm so I hope to get there by dark. I will be ready to work on the course Sat if you still need help. Brett

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I am leaving LA by 5pm to work the event on Sunday.

I just got my new TWMC membership folder the other day.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Glad you guys are gonna make it ... we need guys to work the 1st loop checks so let me know if you're up for it... I'll be out there Saturday morning or maybe Friday night ... it's gonna be a great weekend !

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'll be ou there around 4 PM Sat. . If you woudl please ave us a trailer spot near you.

Eel I'l be happy to help with whatever you need on for your loop.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Eric I'll be there Saturday around 7:30pm, save me a spot. I'll volunteer--just show me what needs doin

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
I'll be there early Saturday. Going to get there for the class and all. I'm not a member of TWMC, but I camped and raced with some of the guys from RUTS last weekend at the SoCal and I told them I would setup camp on the flat by the pipeline road (white chevy van & Husq TE-570). I'll only be doing the 1st loop, but I'll check and see if you all need help 2nd-3rd loop or pulling markers, sweeps, etc.

Good luck to all. I'll sure need it, just hope I don't DNF before I even start.

Ed
Fallbrook CA

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Well the creative juices really aren't flowing this morning, since we ran out of coffee at home- but I'll give it my best.
I made it out to Spangler at about 8:30pm Saturday and around Camp it looked like the clubs had set up a nice lighted central gathering area. I guess a few vendors/sponsers had some booths set up to show some product. Nice well lit up area.
Speaking of lit up.. have you ever seen Cpt J.. aw never mind.

The next morning after signup closed there were about 55 rows of riders ready to compete. The start of the race was really dusty and after about 30 minutes of rows the entire valley was dust.
I set out to work my check on the second loop. I had never worked a check before so I was a little nervous about getting my feet wet at a District event no less. But the group I worked along with really took the time to explain the different duties. We picked a spot for the check that was just over a ridge, so we really surprised all the riders. I think the best part of the check work was watching the really good riders scrub speed in just the 5ft or so of space between the top of the ridge where they first spotted the check to the flags.
The riders all seemed to be having fun and the weather cooperated with overcast skies keeping the heat to a bearable level. Spangler is a great spot for riding as the terrain is varied and wide open. Now if we just can get some rain this year.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Sorry guys, I had to bail on this event. My wife hurt her back Friday and I needed to help out with the kids. The bummer par tis I already had picke dup the trailer and loaded it up. Boy the kids were bummed. I hope it was fun.

Top Bottom