PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
To whom it may concern,

I had the chance to ride Tomahawk B loop last weekend and was pleasantly suprised! It had been awhile since the last time I rode at Tomahawk and there was a VERY large quantity of whoops due to the deteriartion of the trail. This time it was clear that somewhere in the recent past the trail had been groomed by whomever is in charge of trail maint. Most of the whoops were gone! It was fantastic!!! That is such a nice trail!

So I am giving thanks to those responsible for your efforts in maintaining the trail system. Whoever you are, you are much appreciated!!!

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
:cool:
Gotta love trail that is actually SINGLETRACK (again)! Thanks to Muddy Buddy and all the Motorcycle Only Trail Maintenence Sponsors that are working hard to make Michigans SINGLETRACKS so awesome! :boss:

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
MuddyBuddy took me on the B-loop (for my first time ever) this past weekend too and I thought it was FANTASTIC! A nice mix of the really tight stuff and some more open fast flowing sections...I'll definitely be making an effort to get out there and help even more now that I'm close :worship:

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
Wow...somehow I missed this one. Helping maintain these awesome trails is a labor of love for us and it's nice to see how much both loops have improved just since last year.

The one who really needs a big thank you is Mr. Magoo for playing a big part in getting the single track (motorcycle only) business passed. He's a special guy in my book! I didn't get a chance to shake his hand the one time I met him last year, so next time we meet he's getting a great big hug (if the wife is okay with that!!) :yeehaw:

Last edited:

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
MuddyBuddy said:
Wow...somehow I missed this one. Helping maintain these awesome trails is a labor of love for us and it's nice to see how much both loops have improved just since last year.

The one who really needs a big thank you is Mr. Magoo for playing a big part in getting the single track (motorcycle only) business passed. He's a special guy in my book! I didn't get a chance to shake his hand the one time I met him last year, so next time we meet he's getting a great big hug (if the wife is okay with that!!) :yeehaw:
Thanks for the props MB.

Ohh yeah, I'll take that hug...! ;)

I'm just psyched that the trails are returning to what the riders want. Even more importanly, I know of many people returning to the trails, not just to ride but to maintain and construct new (with MDNR support!). THAT is whats awesome!

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
PoeBrian said:
So I am giving thanks to those responsible for your efforts in maintaining the trail system. Whoever you are, you are much appreciated!!!

Brian Johnson is the responsible party. I'm sure he'll be pleased knowing the years of hard work (long before the cycle-only designation) is appreciated. The trail literally runs through his backyard.

The street legal requirement on that loop has always helped to keep the traffic down; between that and the new sections that have been going in over the last 4-5 years, it can be a fun trail.

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
The Tomahawk trails would not be what they are without Brian and we are all lucky that he cares as much as he does. He's not a computer person, but we share with him good things that people say online and he appreciates that people enjoy these trails.

If anyone lives local to the B and C loops and would like to help with ongoing maintenance and rehabilitation of both loops, please let me know and I will pass your information on to Brian. It's a lot of work and the more people who can help out the better.

Top Bottom