2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
All those that rode their bike today raise their hand :yeehaw:

Went out to Gladwin to get some seat time in. Didn't figure on being able to get too far and I was right! Studs are mandatory and so are waders. Really, it's not rideable yet. The trail generally has a foot of snow above the ground level and the whoops (yeah, none of THOSE out to Gladwin) are full of both ice and water. Snow on the trail is packed, but slushy which made forward progress difficult. Other directions were easy to attain though..
Off trail, it was actually pretty easy going. I ended up riding along side the trail for the short loop I did. Anywhere I did have to ride the trail, both feet were out working as outriggers. There were a couple quads out there and they opted to run the road back to the parking lot instead of fighting the trail. Didn't blame them. From their tracks, I'd guess they tried running the south loop, maybe half of it.
The warm spell we had would have made for great riding last year at this time, but our snow accumulation has been the highest in many years. Weather page says 6 inches of snow by tomorrow afternoon but I'll believe it when I see it. Last extended forecast was looking like above freezing for quite a while - if that's the case, then it might be rideable in April.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yea but can learn Fender!! Ask my nephew CW, he'll tell you how easy it is to learn a KDX.. Of course his brother "Dancer" will also tell you how easy it is to CRASH these 2 strokes when they hit the pipe :)

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Oh the horrible memories of the bike flipping end over end!! Oh the humanity!! :ohmy:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Tom Dixon said:
Oh the horrible memories of the bike flipping end over end!! Oh the humanity!! :ohmy:
Memories?! Dude, you barely remembered that you even BOUGHT that KTM, let alone what DAY it was! :laugh: "Was it cool lookin'?"

Just kidding buddy :p

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I was out doing some hill climbing on the Old XR. "It sold" I had to say good bye correctly and take some pics. Before the fellow picked her up. The hills were clear and completely thawed. Raced her around a small grass track Aaron & I have set up. Maybe 15 acres. The field was free of snow and thawed. Oow what a blast!

miScott

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 19, 2003
Hey, mailman must have lost my invitation in the mail, Pat!
I have not even started the KDX yet. But I have sat on it alot :)

My son got about 3 hours of riding in, over to my dads on Saturday.

My Friend went down to Swanton, OH on Sunday. Still waiting to hear the trail report.

Top Bottom