canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Keep in mind that my reference point is the oregon coast dunes. Those are way less 'compressed' than glamis. You can easily ride WOT for a l-o-n-g ways in high gear on the oregon dunes. When you go 'up' a dune, it's up and up and up.

Glamis is different for sure. The 'compressed' part is the largest thing. You're turning every few feet to get from dune face to dune face. There is NO screaming over the top of a dune generally, cuz you'll be looking at a witch's eye on the the other side...maybe 20' down...maybe 50'.

The sand is heavier than coastal sand.

Altogether great fun on a quad, kind of a drag on a bike. By the time you get on top of the sand, you have to turn onto another face. Some places you have a few feet to make that turn or you're over an edge that you DON'T wanna go over. You won't be turning your bike in 'a few feet' at any sort of speed.

Thousands of people. Every sort of equipment you could imagine from mini 50s to 119HP DS quads and 8-cyl sandrails that sound like hydroplanes. Great fun, great weather. More quads than bikes by a factor of about 100.

Can't wait to go down there again...17 hour drive and all!

Attachments

• glamis.jpg
    glamis.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 239

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Not what I pictured, seeing that in Crusty's the dunes seemed to be spread out alot more :) Way better than anything I have even close to me though :)

Top Bottom