Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
Hi all. I just bought a 99 KDX 220R and I love it. My buddy just bought a 2001, loves his! Both our bikes have an FMF exhaust on them, how can we tell which pipe (not silencer) we have?

I am mainly curious to find out if mine is the Rev pipe or not, and whether we have the same pipe. They look a little different... but that could be due to mine having the chrome looking finish.

Thanks in advance for your time.

-Dawg_enD

Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
I forgot to mention... this KDX is my first dirt bike ever. At age 29, that makes me one ignorant dirt bike guy. So if the question seems dumb, my apologies.

Thanks again, and I do enjoy the forums.

-Dawg_enD

Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
One more piece of info. Where the pipe mounts to the frame on the side it has the numbers: 052-020057. I checked the FMF racing site and couldn't find a part number or anything.

pvxr400

Nov 4, 2001
Measure the diameter of the pipe at the biggest point.
If the diameter is around 11inch, its a K35 (Torque Pipe) and if its about 14inch its a K30 (Rev Pipe).

Patrick

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
Welcome aboard Dawg_enD your never to old to start out in this great sport,the number you gave on the pipe 052-020057 indicates its the gnarly woods pipe or torque k35 the rev pipe is 020056..

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Something to keep in mind: Both profiles (rev/torque) apply in the same fashion to the two kdxs (200/220). Catalogs in the past have NOT listed both pipes for both bikes, indicating they don't BOTH fit. They do.

The numbers stamped on the mounting flanges change from time to time...for no known reason that I've heard of. It's not always stamped on the same flange, either.

pvxr has it right, regardless of what number is/isn't stamped where/where not.

Both pipes should have the same brite-nickel finish. If yours is truly chromed, it's been done by someone else.

Get your question answered?

Good to go?

Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
Yep yep, and thank you all!

Mine does have the bright nickle finish. I suspect my buddy's doesn't due to either ordering it without (assuming that's possible) or from the previous owner taking it off somehow. Why one would not want it, I have no idea. It looks cool shiny!

Anyway, thank you again. I'm going riding tomorrow! WOO HOO!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
PC pipes come in a 'works' or brite finish. I haven't checked recently, but I'm not aware of FmF having anything other than a brite nickel finish.

Well...their factory fatty doesn't have it...but it isn't made for the kdx, either.

I notice their website still confuses the name game....they have a 'rev' pipe that isn't listed for the kdx, but there is a rev profile listed under 'gnarly'.

Brother. As noted above...there are two fmf pipes for the kdx ('H' model). Pick the one you want! Or....buy 'em both and switch 'em to fit your needs.

KDX607

Mod Ban
Nov 6, 2006
Pipe worth?

Hello all, i'm bidding on evilbay for a used gnarly woods pipe, and so far it's at 112.50 plus 16$ shipping. how much farther should i go? My bike is all stock, save fore a turbinecore2. Is this worth the improvement, and possibly having to wait a couple of weeks to get the forks resprung? these evil bay pipes only come about once a month!

http://cgi..com/****motors/ws/****I...MEBI:IT&viewitem=&item=200057021420&rd=1&rd=1

just insert evilbay!

Yamajeb

Feb 20, 2006
KDX607 said:
Hello all, i'm bidding on evilbay for a used gnarly woods pipe, and so far it's at 112.50 plus 16$ shipping. how much farther should i go? My bike is all stock, save fore a turbinecore2. Is this worth the improvement, and possibly having to wait a couple of weeks to get the forks resprung? these evil bay pipes only come about once a month!

http://cgi..com/****motors/ws/****I...MEBI:IT&viewitem=&item=200057021420&rd=1&rd=1

just insert evilbay!
You can get a brand new one for $175, shipping about the same - and with no black spooge - so let that be your guide.

Top Bottom