Jeremy_E

Mar 28, 2005
I just got a 2005 CR250 and was thinking about getting a FMF gnarly pipe for it. I ride mainly woods and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on how this pipe works. I've tried some aftermarket pipes that didn't help power at all and I just felt like I was better off with the stock one, so I just don't want to get one like that. I would appriciate any opinions.

Thanks,
Jeremy

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I have an 04 CR250R with the FMF Gnarly and Shorty Power Core2 and I like it. It seemed to change the power a little bit, it doesn't take as long to get on the pipe and it took some of the over rev out of it, basically it hits faster down low and there isn't that long wait for it to get "on the pipe". I also put a 12oz flywheel weight on it and it smoothed the power just a tiny bit but has made the bike almost stall proof. I don't know how much of a difference there is from the 04 engine to the 05. Most everyone is going to tell you if you want the power changed get it ported, and they are correct but if your like me I don't see the point in losing riding time untill the engine needs to rebuilt. I think the pipe has helped get my desired effect.

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
I have gnarly pipe on my 97 made a big diffrence in how low i can drop in the rpm and still get back on the pipe. I hear for some friends that work on all bikes the gnarly tends to smooth out the powerband and improve the bottom end.

Mojo11

Nov 9, 2004
I run an 03 CR250R with a Gnarly pipe and Shorty silencer. I jetted according to FMF and the bike runs much better in the woods. I agree w/tyesia about its performace. I run an 50 tooth rear sprocket with no change to the FWW. I like how the motor works and I run tight to open trails.

Jeremy_E

Mar 28, 2005
Thanks guys, I guess that is what I'm going to do. I wouldn't be worrying about it much yet, but I had a minor incedent with a tree and already smashed the stock pipe. I appriciate the advice.

Jeremy

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
If you want a truly thick pipe, take a look at a Dynoport!!! I bought one for my KX and the thing feels like it is twice as thick as a FMF, PC, or stock pipe. It was a very old used piped (with lots of carbon buildup, which means lots of use) and there were no dings in the pipe.

Top Bottom