GNCC - Crawfordsville, IN - Final round

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Yes, we will be there. I won't be riding since I'm six-months pregnant, just spectating, but my husband Bob will be riding in the afternoon race and several of our friends will be with us also running the morning race. It's always a good time, a fun weekend. Look for us...we'll be in a green Ford cargo van (the green pepper) with two big dogs, a giant Alaskan Malamute and a lassie-lookalike Collie. Careful of the dogs...they may lick you to death.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Yeah, I will be there...I'm picking up a KTM 450. We are staying in Terre Haute as there is hardly any hotels anywhere due to the GNCC and some covered bridge festival. I may run the morning race and spectate the afternoon. We'll be in a Ford PSD crew cab.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Another convert...Wade congrats on the new bike.  I am sure with Bundy's disappointing results at DW, that he will soon re-convert to KTM.

Hope to see you this weekend!

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I'm PLANNING on being there since it's practically in my back yard. But, after running the Black Coal national harescramble yesterday in Lynnville, IN.....I'm feeling a little sore after pinching my foot between my bike and a tree! No bones broken, but it's sore as heck.
If I do make it, look for the KX500 in the Open C class with the "dirtrider.net" decals on the fenders.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Ill be there unless the weather is absolutely no good. I love that place. I dont mind mud just aint crazy about riding in the rain at 45 degrees. This time of year it is a crapshot.

BTW I was down there this past weekend at the covered bridge fest. and it was extremely dry and dusty. Anybody local, update us on rain situation would be great.

Anne I told you I might camp last time I saw you guys. I am just gonna leave real early instead. Hope to be there by 7am their time. (there is a time change from here to there aint there??????) Anyway just wondereing if you guys had finalized your plans, because I will look for you when I get there.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Jeff- we’ll definitely be there this weekend unless a big storm comes through and the weather gets especially nasty. I’m like you…I love that place and really enjoy riding there and hanging out. We’ll be parked somewhere along the track and we plan to camp on Saturday night. We’re usually down on the west side of the pro pit area, right on the track. Look for our van; we should be easy to spot. If you want, we can try to save you a parking spot. We look forward to seeing everyone there.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Yeah Bob dont go to any trouble to save me a spot but that would be cool. I will bring my easy-up incase noone has one.

I will be there real early that morning most definitely unless there are major storms like you said.

I checked the weather and it looks great.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Jeff, it’s no trouble on the pit spot. If it’s possible, we’ll save you a spot. If you get there early Sunday morning, then it shouldn’t be any trouble at all. We like the company. There will be a few of us there, probably two or three trucks and three or four guys riding. The weather is looking good. I’m glad they’re supposed to get rain the next couple of days as I’m sure it’s dry as a bone down there right now.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Kevin,    How did you do?

FYI - the GNCC website says that Jenks was fourth and that Summers did not finish.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Watts seperated his shoulder last week right after he won the 2nd to last GNCC.

Summers passed me maybe 1 mile from the finish and I never saw him pulled over or anything. When he passed me I had to hold my ears his brakes were squealing so loud it was unreal.

Smith and Lafferty were flyin', I heard them coming and couldnt get out of the way fast enough.

I just looked at the results. What I thought was Summers must not have been.

Last edited:

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
From Cyclenews.com

"Honda rider Scott Summers actually crossed the finish line in fourth place but was later disqualified for a refueling infraction."

Any clarification?

Top Bottom