GNCC heads a little further West...

Earthpilot

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
It appears the GNCC series will have a race in Texas this year..
It's on a "TBA" date on their current schedule. The area of the
race should be around Jefferson on 400+ acres of land owned by a vintage racer/rider. Look for the official dates and announcement
on www.gnccracing.com

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Earth,

Where did you read this???. I have checked through the GNCC webpage and have found nothing. Could you give more details?? Is there another webpage with this on it ??

Mully

Earthpilot

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
The GNCC schedule says "TBA" on two dates. One in May* and one in June.
They have been talking about having races further "West" so it's a more
legitimate National championship, which is the same reason WORCS is
heading East coast this year also. Eventually you will see a GNCC way out
West. I was told about this last weekend at the Phoenix SX by a reliable source that sponsors the GNCC's. then got a call about it yesterday from a "promoter" friend of the land owner. We have a WORCS race near this same area in Feb also, it conflicts with the Nat'l enduro in Louisiana a few hours away so I don't know what genius scheduled those dates together.
You won't see anything on the GNCC site till everything is "official" but
I hear the entire schedule will be announced within a week. I hear they are working out some "facility" isssues with the land. Hopefully the Texas race is a reality.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
GREAT......just another reason to keep the little guy that has to WORK monday following a race from being able to run the entire series. I was considering running a 9 race schedule this year, forget it now. No way I can drive 12 hours (or more) to a race, race, then drive home and expect to be able to function at all monday morning.

Oct 10, 2000
Your right Hogwylde, This is the reason that normal people can't run all the races unless you are good enough to get support from major sponcors or have alot of time/cash on your hands.

So the key to being able to run the whole series is to do your local Dist. races and local GNCC's, start proving your abilities on the track, and THEN make relationships with quality sponcors. Once you have shown a real commintment to racing and are making good finishes you might not have to buy gear/ tires/parts anymore. Wouldn't this be great!!
Then when your at that level you will take some big hits out of your wallet going to all the events, but its an investment you have to decide to make. If you make a good investment and have the ability you might get paid.

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
What is the GNCC website address?

I'd like to try and race one of your events if it's not too far from home this year. I'll try to get a bunch of Canadians to come down and show our stuff.

Jon!

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
We are missing the 1st rnd of the WORCS East race in TX as it's impossible to miss 3 days of work to get there and back. If the other TBA is at a location that is a similar distance (from Ohio), then that will have to be my son's two throw aways for the youth series.

Maybe my employer will sponsor him by giving me the days off!

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
One of the biggest states in the union and all they could come up with is 400 acres?? What's up with that?? Don't they do 7 mile loops or something like that?

Earthpilot

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
What difference would it make if it was Texas or Rhode Island?
Open land available for riding is an issue in every state.
You can lay out approximately 1 mile of trail for every 10-15 acres
of land so do the math, GNCC loops are usually at least 8-14 miles long
plus you need parking etc...
Right now it doesn't look like the Texas round (GNCC) will make it in 2003
due to some "facility" & scheduling issues, still expect to see GNCC's
head West like the WORCS are heading East... WORCS will race the same
area in February in Texas.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I sent an e-mail to Racer Productions thru the contact us link on the GNCC site about rumors of a Texas race. This was the response...

"Rumors are just that: rumors. We have not considered moving to Texas or any place out west, and the new races will not be any further away than what we have now. Why fix what's not broken?

Tell everyone who asks that it looks like North Carolina and Pennsylvania for the two TBA rounds.

Thanks,

-jason

Jason Weigandt

Racer Productions
166 Harner Run
Morgantown, WV 26508
(304) 284-0084
www.gnccracing.com
www.racerxill.com

jwh_wv

Dec 5, 2002
I think the GNCC series should check into getting access at SnowShoe MTN resort in WV. They have great facilities, endless land and awesome terrain. I raced the 24 hrs of SNowshoe mtn bike race a couple of years ago and they could have a seriously nasty old school GNCC style course, much like the Wisp race. I wonder if they ever contacted the Snowshoe people?

I think it sucks they cancelled all the WV races, i know they like to run different tracks as much as possible but the Hardrock race was excellent, I hope to see them come back to WV in 04'.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
WV would be nice. Send suggestions to Racer Productions. Even if you have a promoter or contact for a site, have them invite RP and market theor site to them. The GNCC people are looking for new courses that offer alot of miles and open terrian. They use little single track due to quads being run. The top guys like the fast stuff.

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
Another rumor has the remaining TBA date to be held at Kevin Windham's place in Mississippi. But it's just a rumor.

MikeS you have to love having one so close to home!

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by ktmdad
Another rumor has the remaining TBA date to be held at Kevin Windham's place in Mississippi. But it's just a rumor.

MikeS you have to love having one so close to home!

Kevin Windham his-self is talking that one up!

Top Bottom