70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
words to live by !

And I'll do that ! look out hills they will all look like <edit> because I'm going to tear them up:p

Last edited:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
This e-mail was sent out on the SERA newsgroup this morning. It references an enduro that our series is running this Sunday. However, I feel that it applies to everyone.

Rockford Enduro Announcement

Several riders have called about the status of the Rockford Enduro.
Even though our country has suffered a great blow by
terrorist, the Enduro will still be this weekend.

The purpose of terrorism is to disrupt everyone's lives so that we can
all focus on their problems. These people want the
world to revolve around them. They want us to cancel every event in
this country so that they can be the center of attention.

I think they are the slime of the world. I think that we should keep
our lives on an even keel. We should remember the
people killed and continue on with our normal lives. I want to find
these terrorist and wipe them off the face of the earth!!!!

If my soul was to leave this earth tomorrow, I would want everyone to
ride the Enduro and have a good time. Our lives
should be honored by showing that we have left this world a better
place. If we can continue our lives normally then we show
honor to our dead. If we stop everything normal, then we bow down to
these horrible people called terrorist.

So let us band together and honor our dead. Our nation will recover
and overcome these terrible events. Please remember to
say a prayer for the families of the dead and injured.

See you Sunday,

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I am still planning on taking this coming Friday off to go ride. Heck, I need the "therapy" after all that has happened.

Sometimes it takes a day of riding before I can put things into perspective.

Let Freedom Ring and God Bless America!

-jeffd

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'll be on trail sunday (work saturday). My associate smb_katoomer and myself are going to take katoomer's lil bro trailriding for the first time, quality entertainment :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I've wrestled with the thought of canceling DirtWeek and have come to the same conclusions/feelings mentioned in Timr's post. In no way does DirtWeek mean much at all in the big picture, it's a matter of not letting them disrupt our day to day lives.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Thanks Okie.

I'm going to continue to prepare my bikes for the trip. I think a few days off from work, some great riding, and some quality time with friends is EXACTLY what I need right now.

See you guys next week.

Marklx

May 24, 2001
With all of the info overload over the last day, my emotions have been all over the place. I am sickened and sad, but must say that Truespodes thread here hit the spot this morning. Living must go on, and now more than ever, be sure to appreciate every possible moment you've got.

I couldn't sleep last night, so there i was in the garage around midnight, tinkering with the bike, and found myself in a much better mood. After that, I could sleep. It wasn't the motorcycle that did it, but it was doing what I wanted to do when I wanted to that helped me. No one can take that away from us.

Mark

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Glad you reconsidered Okie. Things like Dirt Week are what we need.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Ivan nailed it...

I ain't changing anything. I feel horrible about the recent events, but there's no way I'm going to let those *****s affect my life. That's what the terrorists were after--do you want them to succeed?

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
It may sound silly, but sometimes i sort of "dedicate" (for lack of better wording) a ride to a person or event that seems meaningful.
(ie: someones birthday or passing, or a aniverswery or somesuch thing)
This weekends ride is to be dedicated to those who died in those buildings and on those planes, and to their families. :(
(will make for a somber ride though...)

Unfortunate that i cant ride across the sea to Afganistan -w- a nuke strapped to the back seat though.........:eek: :think

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately, here its a bit different. I would love to go riding, but times like these, its not that important.
I can hear alot of you guys saying, "Why dont you get the hell out of there?", but believe me, its not that easy. Owning a house, having some property upstate, and of course having lots of family, and friends makes it that much harder. With a little luck, and some prayers, we may be moving within the next few years. :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
act like FREE AMERICANS!!

Do so and be proud!

I usually ride my bike to work, but decided to skip it today. The ride brings a little joy into my daily routine, but decided to skip it as I was feeling a little sad, and didn't want to spoil that emotion (go figure !). No, I didn't give up a freedom, I just exercised another option.

Fortunately I got to work, and the place was filled with its usually smiling, happy people, who could still laugh and tell a joke. Some even joked about building a bigger, better twin, or trio towers, bigger than those in Malaysia !, can't keep the Americans down for too long :)

So yes, the answer is to not be a victim of terror, but rather master of your destiny and freedom.

I guess I'll ride tomorrow ! :cool:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I work in a high school. Seeing the kids makes you realize that life goes on. They are resilient and make you understand that Amercica must go on with life.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
hmm

My unk. Jimmy is comming up in November from Florida. He was goin to take the plain, BUT after this hes trading in his tickes and going with a train.:eek:

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Go ride, what a great way to display your freedom!:) Do it for yourself and for all those who died defending and promoting our freedoms!

Chris

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Truespode
Take this weekend and go ride. Do what represents FREEDOM.

Ivan

I did and I had a lot of fun. The only thing I could think of while riding, was riding! I had planned to go anyway, but thanks for the push IVAN.

Mike

Plus, I got to ride a 2000 KX250. Really nice bike! ;)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
did'nt make it out:<¥

But I spent at least 7 hours doing a top end on jrs© kdx, reflecting and spending quality time with spudric, and she started second kick !:cool:

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
Re: Re: Go RIDE!!

Originally posted by MikeT

The only thing I could think of while riding, was riding!

If I think about anything else when riding I end up on the ground:). Heck, I end up on the ground a lot anyway:confused:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I took the day off Friday and went as planned. It was a blast! Totally cleansed my mind. Exactly what the Dr. ordered.

Take a look (click to see the pics):

Arial Assault
No traction problems here

-jeffd

Top Bottom