NiCk332

Jul 23, 2001
Hey everyone...ok...on your guys's goggles...do u think it is possible to take them off of the helmet...and then wear them on your head by tightening the strap? because i want to use the same goggles for snowboarding...and not spend 50 bucks on each....any help would be appreciated....Thanks.:p

Anssi

May 20, 2001
If you go fast enough on a snowboard to need goggles, you should really consider a helmet, too.

However, I have used my MX goggles for downhill skiing a few years ago, and the only problem is that they look stupid.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I use the amber lenses from my snow goggles all the time.

wizard69

May 3, 2001
I know it's not "cool" to wear a helmet but you should anyways.
when I was in the alberta snowboarding accossiation (I don't know how to spell it)any ways helmets were mandatory for training and I fought that rule as much as posible but I lost and one day I was doing 180's off rolls (like spinning the same direction every role)I landed on top of a role facing up hill and I caught my edge I hit my head so hard it broke the helmet and I had a severe concution.
I don't always wear a helmet any more but I don't go real big eather but I wasn't going big when I broke my helmet.
And as the cool thing goes get one from a board shop like a crome one they look sweet and are safe.
I were my okleys when I board and when I ride my bike.

NiCk332

Jul 23, 2001
Yeah.....It's not that I think they are "uncool" i just never really do too much...my family isnt big on going ski places....but this year they are gonna start skiing....im the only boarder...so im pretty much restricted to this big hill at our golf course....where we build small kickers.....i am thinking on getting one now though.....maybe ill just use my m/x helmet....that would be pretty phat:p

wizard69

May 3, 2001
nick,
good idea I think next time I go snowboarding I will wear all my bike gear pants,jersey(burrrrr),helmet,cp,boots,kidney belt I cold do anything without getting hurt
hehehe:confused:
later

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
MX goggles fog in the winter

My friend has a pair of Spy MX googles. He used them up snowboarding up Sliver Star last year and he had nothing but problems with them fogging up. He even had anti fog stuff in them. But i also use my Scott 89's for snowmobiling and have a few probs with fogging but they arnt too bad. I think ski/snowboard goggles got different types of lenses than MX goggles.

Top Bottom