Going to Southwick on June 8 & 9 to watch National

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
I am heading to Southwick MX track in MA to watch the National MX on June 8 & 9th.

I am going to be meeting Pit Monkey, KawieKX125, and Marcv125 and I am hoping that Papakeith is planning on being there too. Is there anyone else on DRN going?

I will be wearing my orange KTM cap along with my white Liberty Cycle Center tee-shirt if anyone is looking for me.

Last edited:

Trail Boss

Sponsoring Member
Jul 25, 2000
I hope to get there this year. I didn't make it last year, but I was there in 2000. It's a great time, nothiing like an outdoor event!

I wish they'd make it easier to spectate though. I always end up standing in a crowd 5 people deep looking over 3 other and between people's heads.

BTW - Southwick is in Massachusetts, just north of the CT border

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Thanks for the correction Trail Boss.

MA, Just goes to show you that an out of towner doesn't know where he is going.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Just look at our website and you will see a picture of me
The Good Guys

Last edited:

Trail Boss

Sponsoring Member
Jul 25, 2000
KDX220rm

Nice web site :cool:
Let's plan to meet up, It'd be good to meet other DRN people.
I guess as the date gets closer we should get in contact, post here again or send a PM.
Look forward to it!

Jh85

May 17, 2001
I'll be there :cool:

I went Sunday last year. We brought those folding chairs, we ended up standing on them to see. Getting there at the start of the first moto probably didn't help though :confused:

Rick, where are you going to stay? I want to go both days but the drive is to long to come home and go back Sunday.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Hey jh85,

I am staying in Farmington, CT to visit with Pit_Monkey.

If you want, you could leave your car at Southwick if its safe and come back with us. I will be staying at a motel down the street from Pit_Monkey's house.

I think Pit_Monkey said its about a 30-45 minute drive from Farmington.

We plan on going both Saturday and Sunday.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Ummm, If you get to the track fairly early, you can get a good spot, get a pit pass, have a bit of time to relax, and it will be a better day. Also, There are places far from the main crowds that you can watch, and alot of them are very cool(in more than one way, they are lower in temp, and near beter parts of the track). My favorite is the frogpond area. HUGE sandy hill only open to riders during the national. It is awesome to see em fly through that part.:)

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Cool guys, this looks like alot of fun. When the time gets closer, we will have to plan on a time and meeting area. :scream:

Woohoo!!!!!! ;)

Top Bottom