KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Hi all, I'm sendng the KDX in for a total suspension re-build and re-valve with Race Tech gold valves. I know it all depends on alot of different factors but do any of you guys have any tips / tricks about settings / oils etc.
CC after all the dramas cutting spacers and experimenting with the 500mm-ish springs (.38s) My suspension tuners have decided to change them out with the 530mm units (.41s) I think.
Anyone wanna buy some brand new .38 XR springs?
Before anyone starts, Im only joking about selling them, I DO know about the For Sale forums. :nener:
Any comments on the Gold valves in KDX forks? Im getting the shock re-valved but not with a Gold valve(s) any thoughts there?
Like I said alot of the answers I want are rider specific so I know they are hard to answer but general info is all Im looking for.
Thanks everyone... tREV :thumb:

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
well....on my old 96 kdx I used the .38 springs and I was 175#'s My tuner at the time (Bumpsticks out of southern Maryland used Cr valves and modified the shim stack.The forks worked 10x better than stock.This setup was a poor man's version of gold valves.This winter I'm gonna do the forks on the 01 kdx I just picked up.I plan on using gold valves.I felt the stock rear shock worked good for me.But keep in mind I was/am only a "C" rider who rode Maryland slop, PA rocks and Jersey sand.Please tell us how your forks/shock update works for you. Joey

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I have the gold valves and heavy springs. Gold valves were setup when freddette sent them to me. They work GREAT!

Well worth the money. Now I have a suspension that my stock YZ250 riding buddy is jealous of...

Phil

Top Bottom