justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Thought I'd let everyone know about the Golden Eagle Enduro in Stillwater Oklahoma on the 5th of August. This is a qualifier type of format with no time keeping required. Should be a great race. Lots of resets, good easy trail speed. Check out the Blackjack web page for more info.

Last edited:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Got my flyer last week and I am ready to run. That sounds like a great event to fill in the summer break and find out who can take the heat! One thing is needed for a fun event though..............RAIN, RAIN, RAIN and more RAIN. I've riding 40 miles every Sunday at Draper and the entire thing is sugar sand and dust. It's starting to become a little less than fun.

As far as the enduro, what kind of ground miles and finish time are we looking at for the AA/A class. Will we pass by the truck at times to refill camel backs etc. Also what about gas stops? I've got a new tank ordered but I may not have it by the 5th and will have to run an MX tank.

C-ya there.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I believe the loops will be around 18 miles or so. Pretty short to help with the heat. Each loop will end at the camp. Refuel and rest between each one. The tight trails are in good shape, the clay at Stillwater just gets hard. The more open stuff is getting powdery though.:( Some NEW trails are suppose to be included( Virgin stuff at Stillwater:scream: ) for the long course.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
:cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It should have been named the "Shake n Bake 500". After you get sweaty and coated with the red powder, everyone will look and feel like they've been thru the oven. I'm going to try to be there, may be out of state but don't know yet. Smitty, if I do need to be out of state, you can barrow my big tank if you'd like. Email me and I can send it with a guy that will definitely be there.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Thanks for the offer, BSwift. But if the loops are only 18miles I'll be good to go. Plus, I don't see why my tank won't be here before then.

Golly Gee, I'm gettin' excited already. :scream: Don't know why, it's gonna suck! (Hoping if I whine enough and pout, mother nature will make me look stupid with a rainy day and thunderstorms. I'm not even bringing tearoffs just to make it rain on us.)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
18 riders.....

Only 18 riders have preentered. Lots of $ has been spent by the club to get this race going. We need a good turnout. We atleast need 60 or so just to cover cost. Fun easy ride. Come out and enjoy.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Well you should have 3 more shortly. Me and some friends sent ours in today. We requested row 10 together. I believe Randy called you about that. Its Mion, Corey, and Randy if you can. Hope we get more riders than that though.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i think i'll give it a try. since i've never ridden an enduro, i will be expecting you guys to provide guidance (no snipe hunt type newbie tricks either).:D

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
MX547-This REALLY is the race for you. No kidding. Easy trail speed, no time keeping, no attempts to catch you off gaurd. Just three times each loop that you have to go fast. 20 minutes rest between each loop.(assuming your on time) As fast as you are, you'll do fine.

Smitty- Glad to hear you guys are coming. I believe that you visited with Ryan club Pres.
It Really is going to be a blast. Looks like it might rain today. OK I can dream can't I.

By the way I am going to leave for vacation today and won't return till Monday. The clubs Pres, and Sec are also going to be out of town. If you have any questions email me I will try to find away to check it on the road.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
One question.

If you gone already no biggie, but do you know how many loops the A course will be or is it a secret? ;)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
No Secret. I beleive it will be three, that seems short though. Short course is two loops. Darren Jerrome is in charge of course. We want an easy race but with two and three loops it would be real easy. Maybe we need that with the heat and all. Sorry I'm not for certain.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
my entry is in the mail tonite. is there a fee for camping?

if it's raining, i'm bailing.:eek:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
If it's raining I'm gonna dance a jig!

It rained good and hard down here in the Metro Saturday night. Sunday riding was glory dirt at Draper. Lots of puddles but no mud (all the powder sand just turned into good grip.

Did we get anything like that on at Stillwater? Also got a slim chance of rain coming this friday.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i saw a post on another board saying that they got "tons of rain" saturday nite at cooperland.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll race, I won't race, I'll race....

I just PM's Justql with the "not race" scenerio but I'm have second, third thoughts on it. <<little voice in head on>>
You must race, it is in your blood. Sweat, dust, more sweat, more sweat. You must race.
<<voice off>>
I must be crazy to think about racing in 100+ degree heat with 90% humidity. I'll THINK about it, $5.00 late entry fee? That's it, then.
:think

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I am waiting confirmation on whether it rained at the 500 or not. Rain would REALLY help it alot. No fee for camping. It'll be a ball.:)

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Got my tank today. It looks sweet, it's the IMS race version 3.0 gallon. Definitely much slimmer than my exxon valdez 3.2. It's rated at only 2 tenths less but looks .75 smaller. It fills up a lot more nooks and crannies. Thanks Brian, for the offer on the mamba tank though. Any confirmation on the rain? Whose bringing a swamp cooler for my EZ-up? Hope there is a decent turn out building up. Pray for a coldfront.

Top Bottom