jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
Driving down vandyke this morning i passed the golf dome near 14 mile rd. I started day dreaming and thinking " what if "
This place has become ran down in the last 10-15 years, now it is occupied by suburban " gangsters " due to the bar and video games.
It would be sweet to purchase this place and convert it to a track. The location is good with plenty of parking and local establishments ( ie: restaurants and hotels ) the noise level would be contained as would pollution and there are no residents near by.. if i only had the loot...
I wonder how much it would cost to build a dome... anyone have a clue?

tripdog7

Oct 3, 2002
A dome maybe not, but a outdoor track in that area would be busy from dawn till dusk! (I'd go on my lunchhour) There is about 10 acres there, how many acres would be needed for an outdoor track? I notice that an 'unofficial' track on Hall Road at Romeo Plank in Sterling Heights is now being bulldozed for a subdivision. I bet an investor could build a track just inside the Detroit limits with not too much trouble.
New motocross track location possibility:
-State Fairgrounds-Detroit
-Land behind TACOM tank plant-Warren
-Former Packard proving grounds-Utica
-(insert suggestion here)

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
That dome is fairly big, I'd say almost two acres, perfect for an indoor place.
we used to ride that spot at hall road and romeo plank, behind goldies right. I'm surprised it took them this long to doze it, look at the rest of macomb township.
my parents built a place in bruce township, just past romeo in 1995. it is on 12 acres, beautiful... within two years a subdivision was going up behind them and neighbors on each side. then they would complain in the township meetings about paving the roads......

enough of that, more track.
i did some investigating, there is a large dome for sale in Minnesota that is under three years old.. they want $108,000
i found the company that builds them, the farley group. they offer leasing also... man, that would be so cool.

i'm not familiar with any land behind tacom, not the old tank plant right. thats all used up know, it's like two miles away from me.

Top Bottom