WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Finally we got some decent weather here in the Northeast. I took the day off. No email, voicemail, faxes, pages, phone calls, etc, NOTHING!

It WOULD have been an awesome day to go for a trail ride, but alas both my bikes are in pieces. One is undergoing complete restoration and the other required some serious unscheduled maintenance.

Instead of doing something I enjoy I go to the company golf outing. At least it was a scramble and we got FREE food and BEER. I'll admit I'm no Tiger Woods, but GOLF STILL SUCKS! Now we're supposed to get rain for the next four days and I'll be missing a local H/S this Sunday. Oh, and the wife just informs me I have to go to b-day party for a 2 year-old tomorrow. Hmmmm, maybe chasing a little white ball for 4 hours isn't so bad... yeah, it is.

Hopefully everyone else has a better weekend than me!

---Woods

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
My MX instincts usually take over by the 3rd hole. Now keep in mind that when I actually go for my once-a-year "round"...and I use that term very loosely, we play for "beer a hole". Well hell, beer is the ONLY way to enjoy this game, so by the third hole it is game on. Th ecart usually somehow finds the sand traps, any suitable lip to jump the cart (ever heard how loud an electric cart loaded w/ clubs as it lands can be?) and of course the ever popular "peein' on the green" round.

We usually don't finish (the course marshall finds us) and I usually lament over the waste of beautiful terrain on silver hairs and yuppies that take their game way too serious. Then I explain how a fresh tire on prepped grass fairways w/ lush greens would be a fairly religious experience. I get accused of being a goober by another drunk goober and we all have a good time. See...golf ain't so bad :confused:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Guys,

You must understand one thing about golf, and bowling too. Neither are really a sport. It is just something to do between "Daddy Pops". Kind of like sitting around the back yard watching a bug zapper, or watching the grass grow. It gives you something to do between sips. The most important part of golf is not keeping your head down, but keeping your beer cold. Also, the golf cart was not invented to carry the golfer and his/her clubs, it was invented to carry the cooler. In that light, golf really doesn't seem that bad.

Mully

My drinking team has a bowling problem....................... :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by CR Swade
My MX instincts usually take over by the 3rd hole. Now keep in mind that when I actually go for my once-a-year "round"...and I use that term very loosely, we play for "beer a hole". Well hell, beer is the ONLY way to enjoy this game, so by the third hole it is game on. Th ecart usually somehow finds the sand traps, any suitable lip to jump the cart (ever heard how loud an electric cart loaded w/ clubs as it lands can be?) and of course the ever popular "peein' on the green" round.

We usually don't finish (the course marshall finds us) and I usually lament over the waste of beautiful terrain on silver hairs and yuppies that take their game way too serious. Then I explain how a fresh tire on prepped grass fairways w/ lush greens would be a fairly religious experience. I get accused of being a goober by another drunk goober and we all have a good time. See...golf ain't so bad :confused:
Now I'm gettin' the point! :laugh:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I don't get it either. I have actually had people tell me that they see golf as a chance to get outdoors and experience nature! Gimme a break!

Yeah, it sounds to me like it is just an opportunity to drink and drive, legally.

You gotta love the new Yamaha add with the guy sitting on the bike and looking out over the fairway.

Yeah, I see the world in YZ!

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
sounds to me like it is just an opportunity to drink and drive, legally.

That's an interesting point.....On a public golf course, can you get charged with drunk driving in a golf cart? It's motorized. Not licenced. Same as a boat, snowmobile or dirtbike.
Put a spot check on the 18th hole. That would put a dirty kink in some of the "high society" types.
Might even apply to private clubs. Can you legally drink and drive on private property?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Tigger had a cross-country track meet Saturday morning. When she got home she said that they had run on a glof coarse and the person lead them on a 4 wheeler over the coarse. She siad she thought it would be a good idea if the next time they had a meet there that I would be the one that could lead them around the golf coarse and perhaps I could do it on my motorcycle :debil: That's what I'm talking about! :aj:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
Tigger had a cross-country track meet Saturday morning. When she got home she said that they had run on a glof coarse and the person lead them on a 4 wheeler over the coarse. She siad she thought it would be a good idea if the next time they had a meet there that I would be the one that could lead them around the golf coarse and perhaps I could do it on my motorcycle :debil: That's what I'm talking about! :aj:

Good one Tigger! :thumb:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Remember, GOLF spelled backwards is FLOG.

'Nuff said. ;)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Hmmm. Yesterday was 74 degrees with very little wind. It has rained here for the last week, but yesterday was unbelieveable!! It was a perfect riding day. But, I went golfing and had the time of my life. I didnt drink one beer (I never drink when I play golf)! Golf is fun!

I think you all just suck so badly at it so you cant imagine it being fun. :)

I love golf.

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
I really hate golf. I never understood the pleasure you could get from hiting a small white ball with a goofy looking stick. My dad (Mully) Loves playing it. What I can't stand is when he turns it one the TV on Sunday. No more than Five minutes later he is asleep. When I try to turn the channal he wakes up and turns it back. Golf is EVIL and I can't stand it. I think we should start a group aginst it.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
You looking for some serious yard work ???????? :p

Mully

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Akira
I really hate golf. I never understood the pleasure you could get from hiting a small white ball with a goofy looking stick. My dad (Mully) Loves playing it. What I can't stand is when he turns it one the TV on Sunday. No more than Five minutes later he is asleep. When I try to turn the channal he wakes up and turns it back. Golf is EVIL and I can't stand it. I think we should start a group aginst it.

Your father is a smart man.&nbsp; You see, Golf on TV serves it's purpose too.&nbsp;&nbsp; The best days to nap are the 4 sundays of the 4 major tournaments (US and British Opens, The Masters, and the PGA.)

First you settle down on the couch with the Sunday paper.&nbsp; Then you let the soft voice of the anouncer lull you to sleep.&nbsp; The sports section falls to your chest to provide a little cover.&nbsp; You sleep very comfortably as you hear in the background:&nbsp; "(softly) lets go to thirteen...here's els for a birdy."

You are gently awoken from your slumber as the final pair makes their way to 18.&nbsp; The applause of the crowd is what wakes you up.&nbsp; You watch the final hole to see how it ends up and at the end of it all, you've "watched" golf and gotten a great nap.

The next day at work people will ask: "Did you watch the Masters"&nbsp; "Yeah, I watched it."&nbsp; :) (everybody sleeps through it.)&nbsp;

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Generally, people that don't get golf don't "get it" because they SUCK at golf.

Also, if you are going to the course to drink beer and drive the cart, you don't "get it", and you probably SUCK at golf.

Golf was a whole lot better before everybody decided that the course was a good place to go drink and drive the cart. 6 hours behind these duffers is what takes the pleasure out of golf. I'd prefer that most of these people stay home and not try and figure golf out (they never will).

What I really don't understand is sitting in front of the tv watching basketball or baseball.....now that is CRAZY.

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Get 'em James!! :thumb:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by James

What I really don't understand is sitting in front of the tv watching basketball or baseball.....now that is CRAZY.

You just don't get it ;)

I love basketball. Baseball I can do without but when I'm sick I will turn it on and relax on the couch and it can be quite therapeutic.

Ivan

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Golf is indeed EVIL.
It is the prime example of what is wrong with us as a people.
The roots of golf are indeed honorable, started by the Scotts, who, love to get outside, compete, and drink beer. What is has become is an over comercialized over privilaged jaunt through someting that resembles the "outdoors" as much as astroturf in a super dome.
A big waste of space. The amount of $$$ people must spend on Golf must rival the $$$ people spend on exercise equipemt every year judging by the amount of infomercials I see on TV and the amount of space they are able to hord second only to the State "gamelands" and just about as outdoors use friendly.
Im bitter, its true, I used to ride my dirt bike as a wee lad over an old railroad bed, a golf corse was being built off the tracks, the owner encroaced on what was still the rail roads right of way and started building a corse over it. They finallly had to leave it as a right of way, but one day as I was riding over it I was chased by 4 drunk "golfers" who I saw piling out of the bar. I had a run in with them before so I would take my dirt bike around the corse on the road as to try to avoid confrontation but they came out, boxed me in with cars on the public road and ran me off the raod. Good thing for me I was on a dirt bike! :) . I escaped through back yards and woods and vowed that I would never join the enemy and the only golf club I would ever raise in my hand would be a putter at a mini golf corse :) .
I reacall an add in a dirt mag some years ago featureing LR. It said someting like,,, People keep telling me at my age, I should take up golf. I tried it, but the truff keeps building up between my knobs. I had that up on my wall :) .

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by James
Generally, people that don't get golf don't "get it" because they SUCK at golf.

Also, if you are going to the course to drink beer and drive the cart, you don't "get it", and you probably SUCK at golf.

Golf was a whole lot better before everybody decided that the course was a good place to go drink and drive the cart. 6 hours behind these duffers is what takes the pleasure out of golf. I'd prefer that most of these people stay home and not try and figure golf out (they never will).

Absolutely right James. :thumb: YOU ARE DA MAN :)

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
You've GOT to hear Robin William's rendition on golf from his Live CD (or video). That really summarizes golf!

Top Bottom