Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum golfs.

I've been golfing for about 5-6 years now and love it. Would be cool to see who else golfs.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My son golfs pretty much every day. I guess I may take it up one day.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
In the days prior to my kid getting a bike and starting racing I would play between 60-90 rounds a season. Since the MX era swept into our family I average about 1.5 rounds per season at best.

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
IndyYZ85 said:
I've played before.. I sucked at it.. Didn't much see the point.

If that was my standard for anything, I'd not get out of bed in the morning!!! :yikes:

Heck, might as well call me less than mediocre at sleep too! Then what?

I have a fond appreciation for any activity that gives you endless mulligans. :nener:

Golf courses... Great places to run, ski, sled, hang out....

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We go when we can, which isn't much.
I'm not that good at it, but I try. I just try to see how far I can hit the ball. :nod:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
rickyd said:
A golf course is a waste of a MX Track :ride:
Considering what Tiger makes vs. Ricky, Bubba AND Chad combined I would have to disagree. :laugh:

Heck in the past 4 day Phil made $1.6M!!!!

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
i believe it was mark twain that wrote, "golf is a waste of a perfectly good walk."

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Moose said:
You need a sport to play during the morning. :)
you can't ride in the morning?

they call it "golf" cuz the rest of the 4-letter words were taken.

Most frustrating activity I've ever undertaken. I've been told that if I got clubs that fit me I'd enjoy it more. Trouble is, you gotta really lay down the jack to get some custom clubs. I'd rather spend that on dirt bike stuff.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
you only get them custom fit if you're a sissy. :nener:

i'm 6'5" and play standard mens length.

i could ride during the morning, but that'd make a lot of people mad I'd imagine. I usually limit myself to the evenings, sometimes afternoon. In the evenings it's usually cooler too.

Last edited:

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
In the past I had a Club Repair/Custom Club business. Using clubs off the rack would be similar to using the stock suspension with no tweaks or adjustments to the clickers, they can only be right for so many people. Most people don't need huge adjustments off the rack perhaps just a flatter or steeper lie angle on the irons and grips that fit their hand size properly. At 6'5" you and that yard ape from Idaho would likely benefit greatly from a custom fitting.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Yeah it was a joke, I know Custom Fitting would help, it's just that I'm not an avid golf player yet, and it'd be a waste of money, imo, for me to get them custom fit right now when I'm doing alright with them already.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
At the very least when it's time for new grips (most folks don't change them near enough) talk to someone who knows what they are doing. It's a small job to put extensions in the shaft if they are steel shafted. Keep in mind bad habits are learned early, stuff you are learning now will cause you grief in your game for years to come :laugh:

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
1103090032789-8010.jpg

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Chili said:
. . .It's a small job to put extensions in the shaft if they are steel shafted.. .

Didn't know you could do that? I thought you had to replace the whole shaft? Hmm, maybe it'll come sooner than expected.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I tried playing golf once. I got me and my mom kicked out when I tried to go swimming in a pond. But I was only 4.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Moose said:
Didn't know you could do that? I thought you had to replace the whole shaft? Hmm, maybe it'll come sooner than expected.

And with longer sticks, you will hit farther.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
IndyYZ85 said:
I wish I had a longer stick... :yikes:

That's just too much information :whoa: I hope it's not proportional with the size of your bike :nener:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Moose said:
I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum golfs.

Life’s too short for such folly……… ;)

Top Bottom