truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Just got a call from Gomer. He was riding at Turkey Creek today. There is a table top jump a few corners after the finish line and he hit the gas and the bike cut out on him.

He said he got knocked out and borke the top of his tibia in a couple places. I am not sure which leg yet.

The drugs are not working on him too good from the sounds of his voice. He is tough but he sounded uncomfortable.

Surgery is scheduled for Monday sometime.

Ivan

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Son of a Bitch!!! :yell:
Tell him we're thinking about him and he si in our prayers

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
DAMN, that sucks big time. :|

Tell him that big hillbillies like penguins are not meant to fly. :whoa:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Damn. I was just getting comfortable with the "unbroken Gomer for extended periods of time Gomer".

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
:( Heal up Mike!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think the problem is they have him taking the drugs with water and not moonshine.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I hope you get to feeling better quickly.

Mully

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Really sorry to hear this... heal-up Mike.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The mantel of self-inflicted pain and injury is hereby passed from Dave to Gomer.

Congratulations Dave, you actually lived long enough to pass it on.

Here's hoping Gomer can do the same. :whoa:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You know I haven't heard of Dave fighting with a lawn mower or falling in a parana tank recently either. :think:

Gomer be sure to add this to the list "Things that CAN NOT be fixed with duct tape".

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Patman said:
You know I haven't heard of Dave fighting with a lawn mower or falling in a parana tank recently either. :think:

Gomer be sure to add this to the list "Things that CAN NOT be fixed with duct tape".
Oh come on Pat anything can be fixed with ducttape

BTW I have been behaving mostly. Just a few stitches a month or so ago and a couple bumps and bruises but not much else so yes Gomer has now taken my title away THANK YOU

Attachments

• ductape1 copy.jpg
    ductape1 copy.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 232

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Awww crap.... heal up soon Goober!!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Heal up quick, Mike!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I spoke to Gomer for 15.3 seconds. He sounded much better and said he will be in the hospital a few days.

I did not have time to talk to him for more than a few seconds because it sounded like someone else came in the room but hopefully I will have more information later.

Ivan

Last edited:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I just spoke to Michelle. Gomer is at University Hospital in Augusta, Room 1023.

Michelle says he is doing ok and has good drugs in him. She is worried about Tommy though since he has the flu and can't get up there to see that Mike is doing ok.

Michelle sounds like she is handling this like a trooper and I am glad Gomer has her there to give him some love and support.

Michelle told me they didn't do the surgery until late and did not have him back to his room until after 10pm last night (ET).

He shattered the tibia of his left leg into 4 pieces and they had to put it all back together and put a drain in.

He might come home Thursday.

He is also having some back pain but they have not isolated the cause as of yet.

He is not in a cast but wearing a large brace. He is going to need PT to keep his knee working and it is expected to be a long healing process... longest he has ever dealt with.

Michelle will be getting him his laptop sometime today so he will be online and can read everything.

For those that do not have his e-mail it is highlordgomer at themxtrack dot com

His mailing address is:
Mike and Michelle Nyland
203 Big Cone Drive
North Augusta, SC, 29860

Last edited:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
truespode said:
He is also having some back pain but they have not isolated the cause as of yet.

I'd probably take a look at his back :whoa:
It's a shot in the dark I know, just trying to help the Drs. narrow down the search area.

Heal up Mike

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Very sorry to hear. Prayers coming.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Damn, how did I miss this?? Glad he is on the road to recovery, albeit a long one. Heal fast big guy :)

I hope someone was there to poke him with a stick after he crashed ;)

Top Bottom