ridinfool107

Jul 13, 2006
Hey guys,

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
im 5'7 140
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
very could ride all day straight and more
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
mostly trails but i would like to hit the track some
4) Do you have any riding experience?
yes ive riden quads for a long time and recently picked upt he bike very fast....jumping stuff my first day....
5) Do you think you will race ?
id like to
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
yes, mostly not to hard of stuff though
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
ive been thinking about the cr250 or the crf250 i need an exelent trailbike...
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
yes everything
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
im planning on getting one used so it doesnt matter
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
nnooooooope

Hey guys thats my info i really like the 250 but im looking for a good trail bike and i know there all moto....so i was also thinking about the 230 or anything else u can suggest..

thnx, Jake :boss:

Jun 5, 2006
i'd say go with a 250f and pick a color. be prepared to spend about 3000 and up for a good used one. You could also go with a 230 and have no maintence besides oil changes, but you'll be sacrificing a lot of power and suspension and who knows what else. If you're thinking of racing with this bike definitely don't get the 230. Another possibility is a 2stroke 125, but they will be much more of a handful in the woods.

ridinfool107

Jul 13, 2006
kool thats what ive been looking at the problem is i cant hardly find any around were i live. are there a few sites that might be able to help me find a used one :think:

thnx Jake

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Any MX bike will require some set-up work to be optimized for the woods. But I say get the 250 two stroke. Cheaper, easier to maintain, lighter and more power than a 250f.

While the 250R May not be as fashionable at the track as a 250f, many woods riders feel that a 250 two stroke is the ultimate woods bike. I happen to fall into that category.

ridinfool107

Jul 13, 2006
but what about maintanance for a 2-stroke dont u have to like rebuild them every 2 years and the premix and all of the other stuff. i also came up with another bike for suggestion the yami tt-r225. how nice of a bike is this? are they reliable, the power and everything else. also the honda 230, what about this bike?

thnx Jake

hale

Jun 26, 2006
If you wanna go riding in the woods and do some "play racing," then get a WR250F or CRF250X. Yes, you can jump with those bikes too, but their made for riding in the woods. Their awesome for a trail bike on a MX track. The TT-R250 sucks ass on the track, but if you just wanna go all out woods riding, I'd go for a TT-R250. I wouldn't recommended a 2 stroke yet for riding in the woods because they are like wild dogs that just wanna take off and you might hit a tree your trying to turn away from... The WR250F and the CRF250X have way more power than the other 250 trail bikes. I'll tell you what, go on "youtube.com" and you'll see a search on the top. Type in "yamaha crf" in the search bar and then you'll see 1 video about them.

Top Bottom