Good camp/riding spots in S. AZ or S CA?

jsirvine

Mar 20, 2002
I'm looking for a nice place to park my RV and ride my bikes somewhere in S AZ or CA right around Christmas. I need a place my wife will hang out in the RV and with dirt trails right there. Electricity would be nice but not essential. I love Death Valley but I have to get my KDX dual sported firts, which I'm working on.

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
There are tons of spots in the desert.  Jawbone Canyon is pretty popular during Thanksgiving week.  Hungry Valley is a really big ORV park.  Lots of trails and a motocross track.  Dry camping is available... the only ammenities are the outhouses.  Make sure you have your spark arrestor and out of state registration.

Jimbo

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
I live in ridgecrest.  Hungry valley is about two hours south of here.  Jawbone is about 30 miles.  Spangler is one of my favorite places to ride, I can get there just by riding out of my garage.  It is about 15 miles across the desert from my house.  If you plan on coming to the ridgecrest area and you are looking for someone to show you around a bit, let me know.

Jimbo

jsirvine

Mar 20, 2002
Thanks for the leads. I don't know if I'll get over there but need some Christmas recreation. I did Death Valley a couple years ago on Dual-sports but am now more into true dirt.

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
Originally posted by jsirvine
Thanks for the leads. I don't know if I'll get over there but need some Christmas recreation. I did Death Valley a couple years ago on Dual-sports but am now more into true dirt.

I wonder what "true dirt" is???

Jimbo

jsirvine

Mar 20, 2002
I was comparing a KLR650 to a KDX200. I wouldn't call the KLR a "dirt bike" Good bike but not a dirt bike.

Originally posted by Jimbokdx

I wonder what "true dirt" is???

Jimbo

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
There's a nice staging area right outside of Barstow a stones throw from one of those big manufacturers malls. You ride, she shops, and you cruise over to The Original Tommies for a couple of their famous chili burgers for lunch! You can ride all the way to Lucerne Valley from there if you have the cajonies and maps!

Top Bottom