LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I have the chance to get a 2001 KDX200 for $3500. It has been fully race modified with new FMF pipes and more. I have been ridden very little, less then 300 miles. The shop manager at a local Kawasaki shop here owned it. Does this sound like a good deal? If I don’t get this bike I will have to get a new 2002 KDX200 and I’d rather have all the race mods installed.

Thanks,
Lee Wilson

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
Hi. Wilson what's the and more? Ask if any suspension work was done. and what weight the bike was set up for. A new fmf rev pipe can be bought for around $160 Or it might be a torque pipe for more low end. Get as much info. As you can and someone here will help you. (me too if I can)

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
It has a torque pipe on it with pipe spacers. The forks have been re-valved and if I remeber right it has a SRC fork brace on it. I havent seen the bike yet because I still have funding problems. I am going to get more info and see if I can take a look at the bike and hope my folks will help me out with the money.

Lee Wilson

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
that price is average for a 2001. With the mods they are bonuses. It's worth a look and a ride. IMHO.

MD

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
He is also going to give me all the stock stuff that came off the bike if I buy it. I really want to look at it but I don't know if I can get the money needed. Oh well, I have to keep trying!

Lee Wilson

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
The local dealer (Freeport, IL) has a new 2001 on the floor for $3499 and says there's currently a $300 rebate from Kawi until the end of the month...

Still, all that stuff and is worth a lot more than a $300 rebate....:eek:

Top Bottom