Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Just a tip of the cap to the Sandstormers and the 2 weekend events. They did a nice job on the trail and marking it. My kids had a blast on saturday. The Sunday event was the best Loose Moose I ever rode. The sections were long, but not too long and fun. Great amount of time at resets/pauses. They showed us their rocks but just enough to let you enjoy them (sort of) and not just survive them. :cool: I never dented my pipe until the last "B" section - :(

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Great weekend for sure!

:cool:

I have to mimic what Fred said. Awesome job done by all involved. Great event, all weekend. The bugs were not even that bad either. And I finally got to see what the rocks were all about, at least the part that the B riders got to see. Good job Sandstormers! :)

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Thanks to everyone that came and enjoyed the event. We couldn't have asked for better ANYTHING! Weather, course, people, great competition... it was all fantastic!

Thanks to all the MTR's (and others) that rode or helped at the MiniMoose. That is the event that really makes me smile! I got to ride it with my nephews, and it was an experience that we all truly enjoyed. Thanks everyone.

I know the club appreciates the positive comments about the "new" Loose Moose event! We hoped that we've finally figured out the "formula," and from what I've heard we did good again this year. If we messed something up, please feel free to let us know -- please be factual and considerate with your criticism, just yelling "it stinks" doesn't help us to do better next time.

Best of all, I got to ride it this year! Thanks to all the club members for allowing me the opportunity; I had a blast! :cool:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Another "good job" from me to. While my ride sucked, i sure did have fun. You have the formula figured out for sure. I thought that last B section was jussst right - like Fred said - enough to "enjoy" but not to much. My skid plate sure took some abuse - but I am amazed no pipe dents for me. The pauses were nicely done as well - allowed you to catch your breath before the next section - even if you were riding like a "D" rider. I was a bit suprised the turn out was as low as it was (not that it was bad - just less than I expected I guess). Hopefully word will get around and attendance will improve next year.

I ended up being drafted into helping at a check for the Mini (I expected I would be as soon as anyone realized I did not have the kids there riding) - had a great time doing it. Countless times riders came in with HUGE grins saying how outstanding the trail was.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
UP Magoo said:
Best of all, I got to ride it this year! Thanks to all the club members for allowing me the opportunity; I had a blast! :cool:
I had a good time riding with you and Azzhole Nick – I was impressed with both of you guys and you're riding skills! :cool:

Let’s do this again next year on the same minute. Hopefully “Shipwreck” can join us….

This was another great LM - The A-AA section was perfect with perfect timming!

DW

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
"it stinks" can you do something about the BLACK FLY'S next year.........
Had a great time, but my riding stinks, oh well time to train.
Great Job!
Don

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
The Sandstormers "rocked" the trail! Great job to the club. Also great job to NPEG for the scoring system. We brought 3 1st timers with us and they loved it! I rode like crap but still had fun. When I woke up from my 2 day coma-like sleep after driving straight home after the race I was ready to go do it again next weekend! I guess I need some conditioning tips from Fred T and Magoo(I know, ride ride and ride)! Great ride for both you guys!!!
Magoo and Nickolino must have really done something special to earn a compliment from "The Great" Wolverine!!!

Even though I rode this trail with horrific riding skills I still think a section of the mountain of some length should always be included in any Loose Moose!!!

Does anyone know why the rule change for handing out trophys? A couple of years ago they handed out 6 place trophys for every class no matter how big the class. This year they just did 3 places for trophys. Was this a NPEG thing or Sandstormer thing?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yeah, the fly bites are bad. It may take me all week to recover for them.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
PoeBrian said:
Magoo and Nickolino must have really done something special to earn a compliment from "The Great" Wolverine!!!

Yeah, we stayed out of his way!!

PoeBrian said:
Does anyone know why the rule change for handing out trophys? A couple of years ago they handed out 6 place trophys for every class no matter how big the class. This year they just did 3 places for trophys. Was this a NPEG thing or Sandstormer thing?

I believe AMA used to require trophies to 6th place. I don't think that's a requirement anymore.

bucky63

Apr 11, 2007
Some stats from the Sunday's event...

197 Went through Sign-up (don't know how many No-Shows that pre-registered)

74 of 88 (84%) finished the Long Course (A class and Pro riders)

64 of 86 (74%) finished the B Course (B class and Masters riders)

15 of 23 (65%) finished the C Course (C class and Women riders)

2 DNS

For a National Event, I think the numbers look good in terms of % finishers by class.

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
I had a fantastic time riding here. Except for the unexpected face plant in the first moon rock section. Getting there and getting back was not so much fun. And that's not including gas!! If gas prices go down I will definately be back. Thanks UP Sandstormers for a great event.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Ha! Good find!
Speedy Pete is a hoot!
Can't wait to see what he has to say about the Blue Hills Enduro (which usually makes MQT look tame....).

Top Bottom