racrboy1987

Dec 27, 2004
Well, my CR125R doesnt have a kickstand, obviously, and I was wondering if any of you have tried the after market ones and how well they worked. Just let me know if you have any experience with them. Thanks,
Matt

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
Why do you want a kickstand? They are relatively expensive for what they are "$80-$100 plus", it is just something else to snag, it adds weight "minimal", besides you can just tree it, use a 6 gallon bucket "$3.50 at WalMart", or if you are out on a trail and you want to take a break as long as it is flat ground you can do a burn out and if you put a three inch slot in the ground with the back tire the bike will balance straight up and down in it. You can even hang your helmet on the bike without it tipping over using the burnout method, the bike holds better than you think. I guess the only time that might not work is if it is really windy outside or you are on concrete "duh". If you trailer it just take a strap, lean the bike at a slight angle opposite of the trailer and run the strap to the handle bars.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I thought about getting a kickstand for my bikes, but I have yet to be in a position that I can't find a way to do something with my bike. Worst case I turn the gas off and plop her down on her side.

Hehe, some dood was posting awhile back about carrying his triangle stand in his backpack while he rode. :D

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I'm teaching my kids to ride so I'm on and off the bike a lot. No way I want to be at the will of the woods to hold it up. A kickstand was the first mod after I bought my bike.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
gwcrim said:
I'm teaching my kids to ride so I'm on and off the bike a lot. No way I want to be at the will of the woods to hold it up. A kickstand was the first mod after I bought my bike.

same reason i have one on my crf450. there was never a handy tree to prop it against when my son was trapped under his bike waiting for me to help him up. :yikes:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I've used three different types \ brands of kickstands and strongly reccommend the pro-moto billet one. It is a bit pricey at $150, but tucks away nicely and is light and trick looking. When I changed bikes, I was able to sell my used one for $75. I ended up putting that toward another on my newer scoot.

bobit490

Jan 24, 2005
i've sold a few of the "KICK-IT" kickstands. they have an internal spring mechanism that eliminates your boot getting hung up. no drilling or tapping, bolts right on and when it up, it's out of the way. they retail for $149.95. any shop that vends from Parts Unlimited should be able to get you one.

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
I like to have a kickstand also, especially when riding with the kids. I have a Trail Tech on my KX and it works well. It's very similar to the ProMoto unit except the mount is steel instead of aluminum. It sells for around $90 so is a good value compared to the ProMoto part. It's easy enough to take the stand off if you don't want it on for a race.

James Dean

May 17, 2000
Trailtech.net has some great CR and CRF kick stands. They replace the footpeg bracket and fit perfectly. The arm swings up high and tucks in well.
See their website for pictures.

longhorntj

Jan 26, 2005
The kickstand I have on my CR is on that bolts to the swingarm but on the brake side(not many options for a '94). It works good but was weird having to use my right foot to use it. I think it was pretty cheap too, maybe $60.

Top Bottom