High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The good news is:

We have lined up an honest to goodness motocross instructor who teaches for a living to come to DirtWeek and give free classes! :yeehaw:

The bad news is:

He's also racing in the +50 and pro classes. :(  This means pretty much everybody but Buster and Doug have a reason to be worried.

His name is Ike De Jager, he's a great teacher who enjoys sharing his knowledge with everyone, a really nice guy, and one fast SOB, too.

We've been holding off mentioning anything until Ivan and I (more Ivan than I) got his website at least functional.  Keep checking (as we have a whole list of things left to do to it), but you can get a little feel of his philosophy by looking at http://20-20racing.com

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Is this for the kids only or is he going to have a class for older guys like me who need help too?
Lew

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Great work Gomer and Ivan! :thumb:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
47 Techniques?  Wow I had no idea.  Good job Gomer and Ivan! :thumb:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
[Bbad news is:

He's also racing in the +50 and pro classes. :(  This means pretty much everybody but Buster and Doug have a reason to be worried.
[/URL] [/B]
This only effects you Gommie. The rest of us are youngins and spodes

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by Lew
Is this for the kids only or is he going to have a class for older guys like me who need help too?
Lew
We're still trying to work out the schedule, but we are tentatively looking at an hour or hour and a half session Wed, Thu, and Fri.  Possibly:

Session 1: Controls and positioning
Session 2: Turns
Session 3: Jumps

In all of them, he'll give practice drills and techniques that wil help ingrain proper control.

Ike is also very friendly, approachable, and likes to talk so we'll have fun and learn from him around the campfire, as well.  His South African accent is cool, too.

B

biglou

Man, I soooooo need help jumping. I think it's that "Don't forget that you have a mortgage" switch in my brain that I just can't turn off. Or, as AJ put it: "You're just a wuss, Lou". :moon:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I've taken Ike's class and he is very good for people of all ages... even if he has to mix. The techniques he teaches you at first seem like "heck, I know this" until you get out there and do the technique and he comes around pointing out what you are doing wrong that you thought you were doing right.

Then you start to think and practice and learn. Like he says... he wants to ingraine it into your automatic system.

I am biased though b/c he is such a good guy to sit and BS with and has helped me with my riding (I'm still slow but somewhat safer as long as I don't try to wheelie :) ).

Ivan

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
We're still trying to work out the schedule, but we are tentatively looking at an hour or hour and a half session Wed, Thu, and Fri.  Possibly:

Session 1: Controls and positioning
Session 2: Turns
Session 3: Jumps

In all of them, he'll give practice drills and techniques that wil help ingrain proper control.

Thats to cool Mike. I can't wait :thumb:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Breaking news: I recently found out that he's gullible! Tell him South Paw beer is actually from South Africa, get a few in him, and he'll let you ride his bike!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
get a few in him, and he'll let you ride his bike!

You didn't crash it did you?? :thumb:

wrench

Top Bottom