slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Any suggestions for roomy pants that wont hug my knee braces that bad?

My Oneil hardwares are pretty snug, the alloy pants were good till I washed them a few times, now they are way snug on the knees. Answers seem to run tight also. I have several baggy pants, but they let the knee braces catch and uncatch on my boots.

Whats been good to you guys?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Moose or Fox have roomy knee areas. Moose is all I use anymore, its ridiculously good gear. My No Fear stuff used to be ok, my MSR vented stuff was tight

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
My son wears Asterisk Cells and Thor Core gear. The pants have that extra leather on the inside knee area which helps save tearing and the braces fit inside very well.
Another thing which I would recommend any Cell wearer do is ad the Thor gear guards. They are about $10 and go around the inner hinge. They save even more wear on the pants and also seem to help with not tearing the graphics off the tank/shrouds

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
thor core pant, the accordion knee is super roomy and yet still tight fitting, and the leather side panels grip well and are strong. only problem with them, $150. im on my second set of core gear so i liked it enough the first time to drop $200+ on riding gear again.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Thanks for the suggestions. I havent tried the moose or thor yet, but I know they have really stepped up their quality and style in the last 5 or 6 years. Ill have to give them a try.

ryankdx12

Jul 12, 2007
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
maybe those freestylepants that are designed to go over your boots. they look pretty baggy and roomy

(Think I lost my post due to modem disruption issues. Hopefully this won't double up here.)

I wouldn't recommend freestyle pants because of your concerns about bunching/pulling about the boots and brace. I ride with both styles. I have a freestyle type (not sure that is what they are called) with built in knee guards. The longer length of the pants causes an issue with knee pulling while sitting. With the shorter length a more traditional mx pant would suit your needs better, especially if you can find a roomier cut. As mentioned look for ones with leather inner knee reinforcement to increase durability.

Top Bottom