Good Place for a cheap stock exhaust

beermeng

Mar 29, 2006
Just looking for a little help locating a cheap stock exhaust for 2000 RM250. Seems like it wouldn't be tough to find one considering all the people that run out to buy a performance pipe with barely a scratch on their old stock pipe. Looks like 99 or 00 will work. Anyone have a good place to look on the net or the Northern KY / Southern OH area? Found a 98 stock exhuast on ****. Mine has some serious dents and leaks. Looks like I could get a Pro Circuit Platinum pipe from parts411 for $160. Any cheaper alternative is fine and I don't mind minor cosmetic damage.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
What about blowing the dents out of your current pipe if all you want is a stocker. Most places only charge like $40 to blow the dents out.

beermeng

Mar 29, 2006
Actually have a decent crack in the pipe too so I think it's time to switch it out. If it was just the dents I wouldn't worry about it. I have a line on a used Pro Circuit pipe off of a 99 RM250 that should work. Will I have any problems attaching my stock silencer?

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Cracks can be welded as well, but anyhow, on to the Pro Circuit.

Normally, they are designed such that the pipe can be matched with a stock silencer, or a stock pipe with their silencer. Obviously, they also fit as a set. You should simply have to pop off your stock pipe, and bolt on the PC pipe. A quick jetting check to ensure it isn't lean isn't a bad idea, as pipes can alter jetting somewhat. the changes are normally small, and no jetting changes are required, but a few minute to check it is cheaper than losing an engine due to lean jetting.

Top Bottom