Jan 3, 2007
energyrail, we should line up a ride for this summer if you would like to. I know there is not alot to ride in Dawson but there is a ton in PG. First of all here is a link of my buddies Video on you tube that shows some places to ride http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFo-ak4Evxg&mode=user&search=

The place with the graval is the dump at the Hart. The muddbogging is in one of my buddies back yards. Close to my house is a network of trails that go on for along time. There is also, behind the scales close to the A@W Heading downtown. There is also the powerlines and those are right behind Kelly Road School. Down in the industrial end of town there is a abondoned track called the BCR. Also, buy the Hart Wheel Inn there is a track in behind there and some cool hill climbs. . It is not big but no one is ever there so that in its self is fun.

Othere then that i dont know much for the fact i have not been there yet.

energyrail

Uhhh...
Mar 21, 2007
so the dump at the hart is close to the piderny trails, right ?
the network of trails sound best.
find out where some trails are that are more fun places in town.
the local snowmobile club or atv club must have some good places
but ya we could go for a ride

Jan 3, 2007
Yes the dump is right beside piderny. The trails inside i hardly ever ride because i am a part of the Prince George Bike Club. So i tend not to ride on the trails. The atv and snow club is not bad but it gets old kind of quick. Out near tabour Mountain there is a good deal of hard trails with some water crossings and so on. As for in town there is no where to ride because of all the buildings. Where will you be staying when you come here.

energyrail

Uhhh...
Mar 21, 2007
ya those mountain bike trails i'd stay off them too. I mountain bike too, have a group of bikings freinds in pg. I have an aunt who lives in the hart. She lives on nixon which is really close to the neighbourhood pub. I have a two freinds in college heights on queplh just domano by the mr. G. The other is on malespina which is further down domano.
Trails out by tabor sound good. What do you ride

Jan 3, 2007
1979 Yamaha IT175, its old, its hagered, and its tired but man i love it. I can not do huge gaps for the fact i only have 7 inches of traval both ways but last year i did a 30 foot double on it.

I have 2 friends that live close too nixon also. You must be talking about the alpine pub.

I am thinking you probable have a great deal better bike then me but thats fine by me because most people do. How old are you. I am 15.

energyrail

Uhhh...
Mar 21, 2007
so an IT 175 is that kind of like a rt 180
my brother had a 92 rt 180, it was very much like a yamaha bike from the late 70's early 80's

I currently have a 01 cr 250, but i'm thinking of buying a new cr or yz 250 two-stroke. I am 24, a journeyman machinists.

What would you buy, a honda or a yamaha

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
energyrail said:
so an IT 175 is that kind of like a rt 180
Nothing at all like it. The RT180 is/was a porky trail bike. The IT was a very capable enduro/hare scrambles race bike. Years ago I had a friend who regularly embarrassed those of us on MX bikes with his IT200.

energyrail

Uhhh...
Mar 21, 2007
ya it is very similar to an rt but yes it looks a little lighter.

so it must be really tall geared to run with a 450

i'm leaning towards the cr because i want to put a larger tank on it.
and the yz tanks from clarke and ims, change the seat gas tank transition too much for my liking the cr's look great with the big tank.
i'm not worried about reliability on either, just that all the mags praise the yz motor but diss the cr
even though the dyno says the cr makes more power everywhere than anything

Jan 3, 2007
energyrail, it has 12:41, front:back and a 6 speed trans. It is going to be my dual sporter next year.

I think the CR makes a different kind of power that most dont like and that is why most mags say it is bad. Its power is more old style, comes on hard and unsuspectingly. I would say either will make a good bike and be fun to ride.

Top Bottom