Good Price To Pay For 01' Kdx200

joelyles2004

Mar 5, 2004
This weekend I am buying a friends kdx200 for $1700. The gas tank has a small leak but has been patched and is fine. Everything is stock on the bike except having a Procircuit Platinum pipe and procircuit spark arrester and has been jetted. Do u think $1800 is a good price? All I have to do with it is replace the chain & sprockets and inspect the linkage and swingarm bearings, and maybe the steering stem bearings, and change brake fluid throughout the brakes. He's had the bike since late 02.

Joe

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
€it sounds liek a decent price so long as it's had normal use, and everything's been maintained. You might wanna price the cost of all those bearings before you make a decision. Not that the bike's overpriced, but seveal hundered dollars in bearings can upset your budget

captbly99

May 30, 2005
Also, I have a '95, bought in '96 used, and I have never replaced any bearings! Those things are indestructable unless you put a circlip in the piston wrong :bang:
I have replaced chain and sprockets a few times, but never any major work until recently when it seemed as if it was losing power, so I decided to do my own top end job :coocoo:
The power valves were all spooged up, the top end had never been done, I just ride trails for fun, no racing. Anyway, if you do your own top end, MAKE sure you put the circlips in right! I tried to save myself $150, but ended up costing myself $3-400. :yikes:

Aug 26, 2005
captbly99 said:
Anyway, if you do your own top end, MAKE sure you put the circlips in right! I tried to save myself $150, but ended up costing myself $3-400. :yikes:

That's why I love 2-strokes, cheap engine work. I will gladly shell out $150-$200 to have a pro rebuild the top end, dirt cheap really to have your engine reborn. :cool:

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
well, i got my kawasaki kdx220 a few weeks ago for $1300. It needed new bearings for front and rear wheels, and an oil change. I has a fmf pipe and silencer, gave me stock pipe, extra rear wheel, aftermarket rear fender and a few tools. It was only missing the meter and has no graphics. It also has upgraded bars and barkbusters. So the total cost for labor and parts was about $1600. Then i put new tires on for the heck of it. So i think $1600 would be better than $1700 or $1800. CAuse it will need parts. Most kdx's by me go for around $1800-$1900 max in near perfect condition. Look on **** for a price range

Top Bottom