good trails in southern miss or La.?

sluggo69

May 24, 2003
anyone know of any good trails left in southern miss or La.Camp claiborn is 3-400 miles away from me.( im from Metairie). the only place i have near is the spillway(trail system is ok)and the sawdust piles in saucier.(good but kinda short)anyone have any news on when bethel,tiger creek, or rattlesnake bay will reopen

ps i heard some good news from a usfs deputy that they are gonna make some trails in the desota off limits to quads:)

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
I know that trails are your thing, but have you tried the Wildwood MX track in Kentwood? It is a beautiful outdoor track the size of a national track. Junkjeeps even liked it, and he doesn't like tracks. It's definitely worth a look-see if your riding places are limited. I will be away from DRN for the next week, but if you're interested and want directions, you can contact junkjeeps, Philip, or Greg. We're all from the Houma/New Orleans area.

LaRider20

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I don't know what you work schedule is, but a few of us are going to make a day trip next Tuesday the 21st to Cravens. We will leave Tuesday morning around 5am and be back around 6pm. I've never ridden there before, so this is more of an exploratory trip. We passed by there last trip to FH, but were unable to ride. The staging area looks really nice. Hopefully the trails are as well kept as the staging area. Let me know if you're interested. Right now we've got about 4 bikes going.

Mark

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Mark,
I am in for the 21st! I have rode Cravens about 4 times, I even have some maps. Last time we were there we rode most of the LTR enduro trails. It was just laid out and marked. There is some tight stuff if we can find it. What time are you guys planning on hitting Opelousas on Tues morning? I could wait for ya'll in the Wal Mart parking lot right off 1-49.

Regarding this weekend, about 5 of us are going to Breezy Hill. I am camping out Friday night. I should be there around 5pm Friday evening. Everyone else will be meeting at 8:30am on Saturday. Everyone is welcome.
Sluggo, this would be about 2 hours north of Lafayette. Come if you can or email me if you need anything. blanco9@att.net

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I would imagine we'll be through there about 7-7:30ishl. We can meet you there if you like. I still haven't got an exact count, but we should have a few bikes. PM me with a cell number and I'll call you when we hit I-49 in Laf. I wish I could make it this weekend. I have to work, thus the day trip on Tuesday. Sluggo69 - if you can make it on Tuesday, let me know. We will be leaving from Luling; passing through Kenner around 5:15am.

Mark

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Mark,
Yeah this weekend is going to good. Good weather. Plus I getting my suspension worked over tomorrow. Yahoo! I just got finished packing and loading up.
For tuesday, my cell is 337-280-7005. Call me when you guys exit off of I-10 onto I-49. I live 5 mins from that Wal-Mart off exit 18 in Opelousas. I will be waiting in the parking lot. See ya Tuesday morning.

Chris

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Sounds good. See ya Tuesday. Let me know something Sluggo. Haven't heard from you.

Mark

sluggo69

May 24, 2003
sorry for the delay in replying jj. i regret i cant go on weekdays (only to the spillway for practice after work occasionaly). but if you guys ever plan a weekend trip ill be in for sure. i realy appreciate the offer.

thanks again,,sluggo

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
We'll probably make a few weekends now that it's cooling off. I'll keep you posted. Keep an eye out here too. I usually post about them 2 weeks ahead of time.

Mark

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Breezy Hill was great this weekend! The trails were a little ragged from the recent enduro but overall it was awesome. I put way too much fork fluid in on friday and paid the price with a very bumpy ride. We rode all three loops b/t 9:30 and about 3:30 with about an 30-45min lunch break. Weather was awesome. I was a little chilly in the tent, but I turned on my heater and was good to go. We rode by a few hunters, which is always a scary deal to me. Why anyone would hunt right in the middle of a dirt bike trail system mystifies me. I just got finished correcting my fork oil level, changing engine oil, cleaning filter, etc... and I am good to go. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Sluggo, you have an open invitation to ride with us. We ride just about every Saturday, so email me during the week. blanco9@att.net I live just north of Lafayette and will meet you out on I-49 and you can follow me or you can come to my house and we could ride up together. I have a 2 bike trailer. You better have bark busters (aluminum not plastic) on your bars and they need to be cut to 30" wide or you will not like riding with us. We like the trees. Sometimes we hit them! LOL. Come with us, you would enjoy the hell out of it.

Top Bottom