Gorman (Hungry Valley) Loop (SoCa) this Sat.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Gorman (Hungry Valley) Loop (SoCa) this Sun.

I hear there's rain on the way Fri. night/Saturday, and if it hits the ground up there, Jr. & I are going Sunday the 10th, 9am arrival at the main entrance (asphalt parking lot).

We will do the intermediate loop made famous at our first ever big SoCa gathering three years ago, and then a short second loop if ya'all are up for it.

No, it won't be your typical go-fast bar bumping as I haven't been on a significant ride since May, ya'all but feel free to jet ahead and wait at trail intersections.

To repeat: we are going only if the soil is wet. I'll call the rangers Saturday afternoon to see if it's wet, and report here...stay tuned.

Last edited:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I *may* be in for Sunday, If you dont mind.

My last ride was mid June, so I need to knock the rust off.

Do you know if San Bernadino is open? Lake Silverwood / Pinnacles.

I see you are in Irvine, I am in Yorba Linda.

chris

BTW- I ran into some rain up in the Valley today.

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
I'd love to join you but it's one of those weekends (drill)....

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I *may* be in for Sunday, If you dont mind.
Do you know if San Bernadino is open? Lake Silverwood / Pinnacles.

Come one, come all; don't mind at all...say, that has a ring-a-ding to it...

All of the forests were put on "stay out" status eariler, but I would think that was lifted. Call the offices to confirm befor you make the trip. Los Padres was the only SoCa one without restrictions; all others were closed.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
2strok4fun: look for a white full-sized Toyota with two yellow bikes, Sunday morning. I do not know what the Eel is driving since his p'up was stolen but he has a Husky.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Ill be there, dark blue F-150 supercrew with a KTM, probably solo.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
If I didnt have honey-do promises I had to make good on Id be there in a heartbeat. Make sure you guys give us a crash oops I mean ride report.

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Hey guess what, I checked my calender last night just to be sure & I was off by a week. Drill's next weekend so that means I'm in this weekend! Lucky me! :yeehaw: See you guys there.

BTW a lot of the area was closed last weekend. We still had fun though.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'm probably out ... broken petcock. Have fun ... :(

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
See ya 'all there tomorrow. Should be a real mud bath.

So we have C'Jack, DBD, dirtrdr (glad you can make it, Greg), 2stroke4fun, Jr. and me...

Sorry Eric; call Up-Tite & see if he wants to sell the tank off of his CR - it's a newer one ('01?), and if so, you can go with the new-style UFO plastic side panels and rear fender.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Sorry I couldnt make it, I try to be somewhere if I say I am going to be there, but a migrane got the best of me. Ruined the weekend. Why cant It happen on weekdays? But NOOOO I gota go to work. :whiner: :|

Hope all had fun. How was the Ride?

Top Bottom