Gorman: Where to meet/ride/stay?

TobyS

May 1, 2000
I'm going to meet up with my son at Gorman this weekend. I've only been there once, riding near the motocross track (Quail Valley?) Can anyone recommend a good landmark to meet him at, and a good base camp or place to ride. I'll even consider staying at a motel, if their are any near there. I'm coming from the Bay area, and he's coming from San Diego.
Thanks in advance for any info.
-Toby

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
You will have lots of fun at Gorman. Check the posts. I had the flu and missed both.

There is a motel at Gorman. There is another one at the Frazier Park exit. It is a truck stop(Not sure of the name) but you can`t miss it. It is about 5 minutes away, you will pass by if you are coming from the north.

After the entrance go to the first staging area on your left(Edison campground). That way who ever gets there first can ride around while waiting for the other person to arrive.

Hope this helps alittle. Have fun.

Greg

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
There's a McDonald's at the Gorman exit (405). It's right down the street from the (front) park entrance. That's a good meeting spot. As far as Hotels, I don't recall anything in the immediate area but there are plenty 1/2 hr South in the Santa Clarita area. The Forest trails are still open at Gorman if you're adventurous.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
The truck stop is a Flying J and there is a hotel there. The exit is Hwy 33/Frazier Park. The McD's is at the the Gorman exit - a few miles south of Frazier Park on the 5 not 405.

Flying J has a website and they can probably get you the ph# for the hotel.

There is a parking lot/staging right at the main entrance to Hungry Valley - be the easiest place to meet IN the park.

Brian

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Re: CPT Jack: Forest Trails

Originally posted by TobyS
I am adventurous. Where will I find the Forest trails?
Thanks,
Toby

In the forest, of course. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The ranger at the entrance station to Hungry Valley should be able to provide you an OHV map for the Los Padres NF. The NF trails start at the back of Sterlling Cyn - Tejon Trail, off Gold Hill Road (road to top of Alama Mtn) - can't remember which trail it is, Snowy starts from the campground off to the left of Gold Hill Rd maybe a mile or so before Gold Hill Rd crosses the creek. Gold Hill Rd is street legal only so keep that in mind.

Brian

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
North end of the "valley". Ditto Nvr Finish, ... get a map fro the ranger station & find Tejon. Can't remember which trail leads to Tejon, but look though the ride reports forum...I saw something there last week regarding the forest trails. Advise you stay off Snowy, it's most likely closed.

TobyS

May 1, 2000
Thanks a lot for the input. I can't wait (even though it'll be cold). By the way, can one of you guys tell me the altitude? I'm jetted for sea level.

Top Bottom