ktm125ryder

Mar 26, 2002
hi, anybody used eric gorr's forward motion engine services? i've got a 125 ktm i'm considering getting ported or bored to a 144. i'm concerned that reliability and resale value will depreciate alot if i do this. what do you all think?

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I'm following your around these days...good for reliablity, possibly bad for resale. We skipped over a couple of bikes because we (not knowing very much at the time) thought that the reliability would be decreased...

ktm125ryder

Mar 26, 2002
you've been a great help with information! keep it comin! it seems like people i talk to say that they have nothing but problems with their bikes after they bore them out and all, so i'm still sceptical on whether or not my bike will start and run like it does now. if i bore to a 144cc wouldn't i need a different carbuerator? and what about an expansion chamber, who's got one tuned for a 144!?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
The biggest issue if you go to a 144 is maintenance. You'll wear out rings a little quicker and will need to pay attention to your oil changes, air filter changes and keep your bike jetted correctly.

They can be extremely reliable but the biggest issue is to make sure you take care of the bike.

Eric Gorr is the best at the work.

Ivan

ktm125ryder

Mar 26, 2002
so changing pipe and carb wouldn't have to be done? my bike is 2 years old and i haven't changed rings on it yet! so its been dead reliable for me, if i ride here at the same place jetting should stay the same shouldn't it?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by ktm125ryder
so changing pipe and carb wouldn't have to be done? my bike is 2 years old and i haven't changed rings on it yet! so its been dead reliable for me, if i ride here at the same place jetting should stay the same shouldn't it?

No... you shouldn't need to change the pipe or carb if you don't want to.

Not changing for 2 years? You need to do a bit more maintenance than that for a 125 IMO. I am lax on maintenance but that is a little too much even for me.

Ivan

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I had eric do my '95 CR with the 144, mo' better everywhere porting, the bike absolutely ripped but I only rode it for one ride. I thought I wanted a 125 (for the lightness) but couldn't get enough grunt out of it for me (used to 250's). So I sold the 144 to my buddy and and bought my gasgas, we ride every weekend, the 144 has about 50 hours of ride time on it now and it's still running perfectly. The bike is stone cold reliable even with less than perfect jetting. 1st kick hot or cold. But mind you when I built the motor it had everything new, seals, gaskets, crank assembly, transmission gears and shift drum, shift forks, it was basically all brand new. It had scarey low end for a 125, the midrange was awesome and no decrease in top end. Best mod you could do to a 125 IMO.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Eric did the 133 for me and I could not be more pleased, had the mojo gogo porting done as well. You won't find a better job at a better price! Minor jetting adjustments and your stock carb will be fine. Keep us posted as to what you do and good luck.

ktm125ryder

Mar 26, 2002
yea i've been kinda lazy at maintenence! its startin to show now though. i've got bearings and all that to do. really the bike hasn't been ridin extrememly hard and its been sittin for the past couple months due to a back injury. i'm gettin the bike out and doin some ridin now, but want more power for mountains and just all around faster bike for the woods here. could you guys tell much of a difference when he did the 133 and 144 kits? like would it make a substantial difference at high altitudes? i think i'll give forward motion a call and see what they can do for me.

ktm125ryder

Mar 26, 2002
i called eric yesterday, got to talk to him for a whole 30 seconds. didn't get any information really. i'll get back with him on turn around time, thats one thing i'm worried about. i can't wait around for 3 months to get my motor. i will probably go with a 144 bore and porting to increase bottom end. since you guys have had the kits done to your bike, what all does he do? what parts do you actually have to ship him? do they sleeve it or plate the cylinder? sorry i have so many questions but i couldn't get any information from eric and you guys have been a HUGE help to me! thanks again.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
i can't wait around for 3 months to get my motor
Then you shouldn't wait until spring to send it in... that's when EVERYONE wants work done. Eric is hands-down the best in the business and is going to have a long turn around this time of year. Think ahead a little and have it done in the late fall.

Top Bottom