fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Who is planning to go to this race?

I will be there running gas for some friends.  This club has been awarded a national enduro for next year.  They did an excellent job in 2002.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I will be there.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Farmer Tom,
You better put some SLIME in the KTM tires, two flats in one race!
Maybe you should just practice riding a wheelie for the whole race.
Later,
Don

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Originally posted by nate_z
Hahaha
Don't cause trouble, nate... shouldn't you be studying or something???
I think if you back off your power-valve, you'll do better at this enduro than you did at the last one! Jeez, didn't your dad almost beat you?
Have fun, I'll see you at Goshen!

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
nate, next time i give you a free-b pass at the beginning of a race, don't crash 3 turns later. this "a" class stuff is new to me. just ask that "fast guy", magoo. nate, you might want to consider a auto clutch for the katoom.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
From the pit crew perspective, the weather was great.  It rained on Sunday morning until we hit the Indiana border.  The woods were wet, but not impassable.  I could not tell if the riders had mud on the bikes or manure from the fields.

Here are some brief overall results:

Brent Dubois - 30

Leroy Keen - 31

Aaron Adams - 32

Ron Scharphorn - 32

Jeremy Garber -32

????  Stokey - 33

Other DRNers did well - Tom Dixon was 1st in the Jr. C class and Don Marsh got a trophy in the Sr. C class.  I saw INCA at the awards ceremony, but did not hear his name for a trophy.

The IRON MAN award goes to Magoo - he broke his toe at the two mile marker and finished the race.  How bad was the broken toe???  When he finished his boot was full of blood.  We called the ambulance as the bone and tendons were exposed.  Needless to say, Magoo spent the night in the hospital in Goshen.  Heal fast my friend.

I look forward to a return trip to Goshen next year for a NATIONAL enduro.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Congrats TD! Nice way to finish your C-class career. 2nd overall D14!

Don - 1st overall C-Senior D14!!! By 2 points! And was your buddy Brett Campbell (English/Australian accent?), the guy that Hi-pointed?

http://members.tripod.com/treewhacker/2003cc.htm

2-Toes Magoo! :scream: If those boots are too bloody to wear, consider some SIDI Force replacements! At least it was the last event of the year. Heal fast bud!

Really wish I could have made it. Had everything prepped, loaded up, and hooked up ready to roll early Sunday morning. Only got a few hours sleep Saturday night so decided to bail.
:(

I'm taking Don's advice and reserving all the district enduros as soon as the schedule is published.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Thanks for the report.

Brett Dubois won the Hank Denney Motorcycle Club charity race that I put on over the Labor day weekend. Jeremy Garber was also at my race and finished second overall behind Brett Looking at the results from Turkey creek I would say there was some boys flying in the woods on Sunday. :thumb:

Mully

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Yes, Brett Campbell overalled the C-class. It was only his 2nd enduro!!! That Aussie can ride pretty dang good for as much as he does ride.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
It was not a good race for me. After hurting my wrist @ Trailfest it started acting up again and made for a very long race. I fell down, dropped the bike more times than I should of, just cound'nt hold on. Just finishing was a chore, I was surprised to throphy.
Don

Briggsracing

Mod Ban
Nov 4, 2003
Nice ride on Sunday at Goshen Tom. Its been a fun competing with you all season. As for Goshen...I'm very dissappointed for ending the season with a ride like that. Im lucky it was enough for the overall. After I lost my back brake after gas stop and taking a hard hit just after pretty much ruined my day. Ill be looking forward to talking to you (Tom) at the banquet! Cya and Congrats at Goshen!

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Hey, congrats to all the D-14 riders that did really well at the Goshen Enduro! See: http://members.tripod.com/treewhacker/2003cc.htm for everyone's final D-14 standings! Thanks to Paul Hudy for getting this posted SO FAST!!
AS for my toe -- at least its still connected! A pretty ugly sight right now -- but it doesn't hurt TOO bad; I can almost get around without any crutches.
A HUGE THANKS, PROPS and GENUINE OVERWHELMING GRATITUDE to fatherandson -- he went WAY, WAY above and beyond to help me to get home! I am very seriously indebted to you, my friend!
As for the Ironman award -- if i knew it was that bad, I'd have got to the hospital sooner! I knew it was broke, but not almost cut off!
Thanks everyone for the speedy recovery wishes! You really find out who your friends are when you get in this predicament -- and I can say that I am humbled by the many riders that have shown concern and offered their assistance!
Magoo

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Briggs welcome to DRN! I tell you what, I'm tired or riding now. I'm glad that was the last race, because I was riding like a true C rider there. And Congrats on the overall! It has been a blast competing with you this year and it's to bad we won't be riding the same class next year. See ya at the banquet.

rda

Jun 20, 2000
That was a great ride, I always have a good time there.

I bet I hit the same thing magoo did. I hit something in the first section with my left foot, hurt like h***. I saw at the end that there was a big piece of the sole peeled off around the toe of my boot hanging on by thread, it must have been a broken off fence post or something. I was wearing the sidis, they do offer better protection then any other boot I have had. I may have been up there with magoo if not for them.

You d 14 boys ought to come back down in a couple of weeks for the greenville, OH enduro. It is about 1.5 hours south east of upland. The terrian is similar to upland except a few more hills and a couple of mudbog spectator areas. I heard they were going to have around 80 miles and some new sections.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
rda, where can we get more details on the Greenville race?  In Michigan we get kicked out of the woods by the deer hunters in November.  Who is interested in a road trip??

rda

Jun 20, 2000
They don't have a website, you can send me an email at rda@exccomputer.com and I will scan in the flyer I have and send it to you. or you can call one of the #s they have on the flyer:

thursday nights - 937-548-7197
days 937-547-1544
weeknights - 937-548-2627 or 937-448-9190

If you come, just pick your lines wisely through the mud bog areas! This is the most heavily spectated enduro you will ever go to, but they do point out the good lines most of the time. I have never had anyone steer me wrong yet like I have heard they used to do at the old Blackwater.

Don't worry, the whole race isn't mudbogs, there are 2 that I can think of. The other spectator points are 1 big hill and a tricky spot where you go down a steep hill into a creek then back up the other side.

Most of the time though it is just good fun trail.

Top Bottom