GoSpeedRacers Gorman Death March!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Re: Gorman

Originally posted by Boodac
If my nephew on a CR80 can make it up those hills so can your 125.

I think the hills she was referring to are Kiwi's favorites at Jawbone and I would have to say they'd be 'near' impossible on a CR80.

Speedy its time to graduate to Snowy.

Going UP Arrastra in the snow was quite a bit more difficult than anything on Snowy. The key now is just a bit more confidence so she enjoys the really hard stuff more.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001

Jawbone !!!!!!!! Ok, yep there are some killer hills there and yep the 80 might not make them there hills. In fact Jawbone seems like nothing but sand and hills.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Boodac, I notice you are in Hesperia. I worked for a couple months in Victorville but couldn't ride any due to 'slave labor conditions' :) Do you ride at Phelan much, and what do you think of it? Do you know Hal Hallgath? GSR bought her KTM from him. His son (Eric, I think) is the KTM rider in the 'Time to Ride" video. There was also a guy who used to race pro that worked in Victorville but I can't remember his name - Jimmy something. Help me out GSR - you still have that e-mail I sent from his work computer. Just curious if you knew either of them.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I’m actually around the base of the Cajon, so I’m lucky enough just to ride on over the Ridge to Phelan. Its fun to ride but I’m thinking I wouldn’t drive from any great distance to ride it though. I hear the Cleghorn is a good ride but I haven’t done it yet. Have to wait for the daylight savings time so I can head out after work. I don’t know Hal but when you say Jimmy are your referring to Lavorci? If so Jim's a good friend although he’s laid up with a broken femur. You might say he’s temporarily out of commission.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Re: Gorman

. At least in the winter you dont have to worry about the bike overheating as you climb. Instead you end up freezing your nads off as you head up in the snow.

Wrongo, pal. Overheated 2 KX500s & 1 KTM 360EXC going up Arrasta Dec 28th a few years ago.

Zio - Arrasta was the other trail I almost puked on. Altitude & exercise are a bad combo.

GSR - Congrats. Can't wait to ride with you again at Reno. What do you think about the Wild Piglet March 9th at Clear Creek? You two still gonna be here?

Brian

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Whoaaa ... wait a minute .... not gonna be around in March ? ... so I take it the "West Coast King of Southern Comfort" got the job ?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Well I was going to wait until we knew for sure but I suppose mentioning it won't hurt anything.
Eddie received the job offer yesterday. They want him to respond by the 11th. We've got a lot to talk about and some major figuring to do but they said they would like him to start on or around Feb. 28th. The 28th just isn't doable, but most likely we would for sure be gone in March.
There is a slight possibility I would stay on here for a few more months and join him later but we're still not sure what we're going to do. :(

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Boodac

Yeah thats it. Jimmy Lavorci - He works out at the Cemex cement plant and had just returned to work about 3 weeks before I finished working out there. Real nice guy and pretty funny too. Ask him about the 'computer dirt bike videos' that I showed him at work :) When I first started that job at Cemex Jimmy was out with his broken femur, one operator had pins and braces in his wrist and another had a leg in a cast. Most of the guys out there ride/crash hard apparently. It seems like they all got hurt the same weekend too.

Last edited:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Yea Jimmys a real good guy. I heard about how all the racers there at the cement plant are getting hurt. Im thinking its an omen for all that work their and ride. Yea the one with the leg cast broke his ankle or so I thought. VMC took its toll on both these guys and the cement plant. Its eating Jim up to see people riding (especially his boy) while hes unable to do the same.

Top Bottom