Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
My 30 pilot was rich, so I put in a 25 today. The airscrew is at 1.5 turns, and the clip is in the middle position. The main jet is a 420. The wierd thing about the 25 pilot is that when I warmed the bike up, it would run OK and after a blip of the throttle, the RPM would go up about 500 RPM. It wasn't really high, just like a real fast idle. When I applied the choke to slow the engine down, the engine still revved higher than normal even with all the extra fuel. The bike doesn't sound lean when down low, as the RPMs didn't fluctuate like a lean pilot would do. The power was better than with the 30 pilot as well. The wierd carb symtom didn't occur anymore after I started riding, so should I worry? Could carb cleaner left in the carb have done this?

Last edited:

mopowa

Dec 6, 2000
You are a little late on the 25 pilot (for pa.) Thats a good pilot for warmer weather but I had trouble with it since the weather changed.It was too lean, even for race gas. Im running a 27.5 now and it seems to work ok.
I like the 420 for 70-80deg but I have to run an h-2 73 3rd . The h173 3rd is still a little rich even with a smaller s-nozzle.
Thats still a tad rich setup but thats the way I like to run it. The power is more predictable and works better with a heavy load on the engine (sand,big hills etc)

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
The 410 made my plug white, so I didn't mess with it. Anyway, the weather today was about 70 degrees with LOTS of humidity, so I would think the pilot would work fine. Either way, it's not a big deal.

Top Bottom