mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i bought my first boat today. it's a mid-eighties bayliner capri. anyone know of any good sites or catalogs with replacement parts and accessories?

jester

May 21, 2001
I don't know of any parts sites, but I was wondering how you like it? I am also looking to buy a mid 80's boat for skiing and fishing and have been looking at the capri. It seems like they're a good boat for the money. I have heard they don't have much room though as far as floor space. Is this true? What did you pay for yours? Sorry I couldn't answer your question.

later,

jess

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I actually started my boat '76 Glastron for the first time yesterday. I've been too usy all summer to even take it out. Maybe later today. By the way they say the two happiest days of your life are the day you buy a boat and the day you sell it.:p No really you'll enjoy it. As far as good sources for boat stuff I could use some info too.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
sorry jester, i can't give you any advice just yet. the one i bought is a project boat. the owner had left it out in the weather, uncovered for ten years. the interior is pretty much ruined and i don't even know if it will run yet. he said it ran when he parked it. i had to take a saw and cut trees out of the way just to get it out. i spent $15 dollars at the car wash yesterday trying to clean out all the leaves and get the mold off of it.
it's the cuddy cabin design. it has the volvo/penta 270 motor and lower unit. from looking at the classifieds, it looks like one of these in good condition goes for about $4300-5100. i figure that i can't get hurt on it. i was joking with the guy and said that he should just give it to me-he took $300 for it. he said that he paid $500 just for the trailer. i hope to have it on the water by next summer.

i really would like to find some info on this boat. anyone?

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
My boat (1983 23' Sea Ray) was nothing but a hole in the water surounded by fiberglass that I stood beside and tossed money into. Good luck.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Sounds like you have nothing to lose mx, I took mine out today. Bad luck. It started and idled and would rev up at home. When I got it to the lake I have to have it full throttle in nuetral to get it to even run. When I put it in gear, nothing. AnYbody got any ideas. TThe motor did fall hard on the way there. I can move the linkage fine by hand and it revs. When you move the control it moves till it hits the stop but it does not move the linkage on any of the three carbs. There is also gas gushing out of the bottom carb.:think

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
money pits !

the place to find info on boats would be off the net on a message board ! I'm not sure where to find info on on just plain stock boats but I'm sure there out there© I my self am into high performance jet boats for years© the volvo penta set is OK, a bit under powered© first thing I'd get is a manual , get to know your local bayliner dealer ship© then I'd check the lower unit for clear gear lube© if it's milky there's water in it, if the boat came from the snow belt you could be in trouble© then I'd pull your prop and check the out putr shaft & seal for fishing line!!!© also on the top of the out drive, there should be a small rubber impeller that should be replaced " that peice has smoked more in engine's !" now to get it started I'd replace the fuel filter,spark plug, change the engine oil & filterl "some boats have to have the oil sucked out the dip stick" check for mousey nest bee's what ever? get a hot battery the see if you can get it to roll over© there's so much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
thanks for the addresses guys. does anyone know how to go about getting a manual for this boat? does anyone make "clymer" type manuals for boats?

Top Bottom